THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Bennelli vs Remington Turkey Guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bennelli vs Remington Turkey Guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that the Bennelli family has been building shotguns much longer than Remington, but what does that mean for the most recent autoloading shotguns?

I am looking at a Bennelli pistol grip camo model and the 11-87 ShurShot Turkey guns. The Bennelli appears to be about $100 more. Is it worth the additional $ and in practical terms, why?

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my opinon Bennellis will out last remingtons by far. 1187s are just glorified 1100,s.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I like the remingtons. My bet is that you could not wear one out in 2 lifetimes.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the pistol grip Benelli. Better re-sale value.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the remingtons. My bet is that you could not wear one out in 2 lifetimes.

Couldn't agree more. After a lifetime of shooting I'm still trying to wear mine out.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Better re-sale value.

If it's such a great shotgun....Why would I want to sell it?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
Any shotgun that chambers 3" shotshells and doesn't have to much shiny stuff on it will work very well for a turkey shotgun. There is no need for a quick second shot in the huge majority of situations. A single shot break action works great. You will NEVER wear out a turkey shotgun in several lifetimes of hunting and patterning. I would wager that you have never met anyone that has fired more than 100 turkey loads with the possible exception of a professional turkey guide.

Personally my favorite shotgun where I am calling turkeys is an old Winchester 1897 with a fixed full choke. It has slaughtered turkeys out to 53 paces with authority, and done it with 2-3/4" shells.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote