THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Re: Do you have a shotgun you just love?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Do you have a shotgun you just love?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted
Give me an original FN-Browning B25 everyday. I own 2 and, if it wasn't for the cost, I'd buy a couple more

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
NEF 10ga 24" barrel w/xtra full choke. 40" overall length .

Posts: 8 | Location: Ponchatoula, Louisiana | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I own a number of SxS's, I picked up a 5 3/4# 20 bore boxlock SxS made by Prandelli and Gasperini at a pawn shop in Kansas for $300 five years ago that just flat works for me. First time out was skeet where I hit 20, 20 and 23 (my best ever). Then onto sporting clays (third time ever) where I was good for around 70% (best ever). Lastly, it was been out for quail a few times, a couple of mixed bag hunts, a few pheasant hunts and quite a few dove hunts. It fits me perfectly and I am as deadly as ever with it. A lucky draw as I am not a very good shot otherwise...

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an early Browning Superposed(4 digit serial #) in 20ga. that has made me look like I know what i'm doing on several occasions. Fit is everything.
Stepchild 2

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've become increasingly attached to the smaller gauges. I shoot both a Beretta BL-3 and a Winchester 101 in 28 gauge. Since doves are 90% of the wingshooting I do, these two little ringers are used for 89% of my shooting.

For quail, the superbly nimble Franchi Automatic in 20 gauge(now called 48-AL, although mine predates this designation) is a long-time favorite.

As far as 12 gauge guns, they may be alright for defending the castle gates against the Barbarian hordes or for throwing a hat full of lead-substitute at some stinky old water-dwelling bird. Otherwise, I just don't have much use of them anymore.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my Remington 11-96 autoloader. Its the smaller version of the 11-87 and is a little bit lighter. It's lighter because it has a shorter magazine and only holds 3 shells in the tube and 1 in the chamber.Though no longer in production, it is a dream to shoot grouse and pheasants with.
Fordfreak.

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three actually that it would be very hard to part with. 1) B. Rizzini 792EMEL this is a three bbl set 20/28/410. When I go for preserve Quail this always goes with the 410bbls. Its an engraved side lock with upgraded Turkish walnut. 2) A Parker VHE 16ga skeet gun. Straight stock, single trigger,and beavertail forearm. A great Pheasant gun but a bit heavy for all day walking. 3) L.C. Smith Ideal grade 20ga with two sets of bbls. 26 inch skeet and IC and 28 inch IC/Mod. This has a custom French walnut english stock, single trigger and two beavertail forearms. This makes a great gun for both Grouse and Pheasants.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Fox 20ga and my Grandad's M-12

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Fox Sterlingworth 16ga that I just finished restoring. Made in 1913, 1st year production (16 on a 20 frame). The serial # indicates it was the 53rd gun of its type made that year. It's a sweet gun. But so is my Belgian Lite Twelve A5.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My favorite is my little single shot Cooey .410, throw in some 3" #6's and there isn't a safe grouse around.

Posts: 76 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i have three that wont get sold firstly is a bsa side by side in 12 bore i wanted a british gun for my son to use but couldnt spring for a purdey or holland second is a bettinsoli 20 bore
500 pounds sterling,multichote ejector its topps .i shoot clays,pheasant and us it for walked up grouse days in scotland lastly is an italian lincoln 28 bore this is a real doozy light to carry,i shoot skeet and woodpigeon with it frankly its just a joy to own
greets from england to you all..

Posts: 4 | Location: england.uk | Registered: 13 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My CSMC Fox .410 and my Caesar Guerini Magnus light 20...

I have lots of others, but those shoot the best for me.

JW

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
I have two beretta A-303s, one in 20 and one in 12. I have had them both for several years and have grown quite fond of them.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Browning Citori.

It was the first "expensive" gun I bought. And the first gun I bought after I had kids.

I shoot it better than any of the "better" guns I've bought since.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
THREE brownings: 12 citori field, 20 citori upland special, A5 sweet 16 humpback.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably my all time favorite is an Ithaca (SKB) 280E in 20 gauge. It is a straight stocked S/S that weighs in at 5 1/2 pounds with 25" barrels and is choked IC/MOD. I am restocking it in English Walnut right now so it is on the "injured reserve list". I bought a Verona (Isadore Rizzini- F.A.I.R.) last year in a two barrel 20/28 combo O/U and I had the 20 gauge barrel fitted with a briley .410 tube. I dearly love shooting this gun at skeet but I found a 20 gauge Miroku with 26" barrels and had Mike Orlen install choke tubes in it and the gun fits me to a tee. I shoot my absolute best with this gun. I started shooting skeet in the early 70's with the same gun, choked skeet and skeet. It is like finding a lost love. Even better, this did not age at all. I have a 12 gauge superposed that I like to shoot but it is not quite in the star class as the other 3. I have a P. Gosuin gun that I am rebuilding that was made in Belgium. Andre found some information for me about the history of the maker. It is going to be a lightweight and I think it will find its way well up in the top end of my guns. It is a SxS and will be choked IC/Mod when it is done, straight stocked with a skeleton butt plate and it will weigh about 6 1/4 pounds. Definitely a light load gun. I have about 8 other shotguns but they will mostly just gather dust and that is unfortunate.

Damn, I love shotguns.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
DeHaan "Full Scroll" S2 (SxS) in 28ga. 28" polished blue barrels, 5 1/4#. She is sooooo sexy that I named her Catherine. (As in Catherine Zeta Jones) Wink

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on the "Zeta-Jones" aspect...

...whew-wee! eek2

JW

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a browning BSS 20ga 26in that I use the most.

The one I will not sell is a Winchester model 12 20ga given to me by my DAD.

Posts: 19421 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre ---- I have a lot of "special babies" that I'd have a hard time choosing between as most of them are pretty specialized.

#1) Bowen Single Barrel Trap Gun - 34" bbl, 90/10 POI, custom English Walnut.

#2) Krieghoff K-80 LtWt Skeet w/Briley Ultra-light skeet tubes w/custom JS Air-Cushion stock in English Walnut.

#4) Winchester Model 21 16ga, 28" bbls, factory VR, factrory choked IC & Full.

#4) Beretta 391 (12ga) w/competition tuning and custom English Walnut wood with adj comb --- have several barrels and this is my "bad weather'" gun that I shoot for everything.

#5) Perazzi MX8 that I bought back in 1972...has 4 different barrels, and a drawer full of extra stocks and forends. It has been rebuilt several times and is just about retired now waiting for which one of my grandchilden ia worthy of it.....I've fired more 400,000 rounds thru it.

There are at least another half dozen sitting around but they seldom get used.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like shooting my dad's old Marlin 59 single shot .410 the best.

I suppose I'd like shooting my 311's too, but just never get around to it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ugartechea 28 ga. SXS is my favorite, at least for now.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My original Remington 870 Wingmaster. Best gun of the dozens I have owned and tried.

Number 2 is the Winchester 101 I just bought off this website.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
LC Smith Field grade. It's a cyclops though because the single trigger doesn't work and only fires one barrel. I need to fix it, but I still love it. It's my first and only shotgun I own.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stag wolf
posted Hide Post
A scruffy Remington 1100 LT 20GA! i love it i have nicer guns but it is the one i take out with the dog for a walk around before tea. Big Grin

Posts: 67 | Location: outside | Registered: 19 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beretta 391 Urika Gold Sporting. I just got it, and it shoots as good as it looks! Big Grin
Regards, George.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
beretta 391 teknys gold field same as above they are a fine work of art and very very reliable

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have to say my Browning 525 sporting and my Benelli SBE.

Jim

Posts: 70 | Location: Altus, OK | Registered: 18 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kongy
posted Hide Post
It would be my new Browning Cynergi Black Ice 12b. Very light in the shoulder and the trigger is very crisp. For a light gun the recoil is negligable, and the synthetic stock is so durable. Best gun I've owned

"The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Posts: 90 | Location: England | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My semi-auto 1187 Police Magnum 12ga with rifle sights, chokes and extended mag.

clap

Posts: 53 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 17 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For upland game, a Browning BSS with a straight grip and splinter forend in 20 Gauge. It's a dream to carry and it patterns very well with just about any ammo I feed it.

For waterfowl an old Winchester Moder 120 Ranger pump in 12 gauge. No frills, but a heck of a work horse. Drop it in the marsh, shake the mud off it and continue to hunt. I only paid $99 for it brand new years ago and it has never let me down. It killed a whitetail buck this year as well.

I used to love to carry a Belgian Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen in 16 gauge of course. It was my grandfathers gun and I finally retired it to the gun cabinet. Worth too much sentimentaly to beat up in the field, but it does get an occasional work out.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To be honest I don't even know what all those guns are! It seems that I am not up to date on shotguns.

Here is a link to pictures of the B-25. http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=browning+b25&btnG=Search

I leave it to others to describe their treasures.

I have used Ithaka Featherlights and primarily a Sauer drilling for upland. I did get a 20 ga Bernadelli Gamecock that works for me and my search is complete as "One who is satisfied is well paid".

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xtrema44
posted Hide Post
My Remington Peerless O/U it always hits. My hunting buddy keeps trying to buy it so he must love it too.

Posts: 142 | Location: M-F OREGON | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
My Chapuis "Becassier" in 12 gauge. It's a boxlock side-by-side for those who don't know them.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington 870 Wingmaster, worn to "gray" by use in the duck blind.

Posts: 10251 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would have to be my ithica skb 12 ga dbl-i bought it slightly used in 1970 and have killed probably over a thousand quail and a bunch of pheasant with it-i bought a 686 beretta 4yrs ago thinking i needed something with tubes although i shoot it great at skeet in real hunting i seem to shoot the old double significantly better.

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post

My Sauer und Sohn 12/2½" from 1935.

Regards,

Fritz

The true and only Fritz Kraut

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two actually. One is a Winchester 101 12ga featherweight XLT. 27" barrels and screw in chokes. When it goes "bang" birds die. I've had it for 20 years but I've shot it well since day one. As mentioned previously, fit is everything.

The second is a Winchester model 12 20ga. A previous owner chopped the barrel back to 26" and put skeet wood and a poly rib on it. It's not the prettiest gun out there but it's wicked fast and points like a dream. The first time I took it out I killed a limit of 10 doves in 12 shots (way better than normal). This is definitely a point and shoot proposition. Don't think about it, just point and shoot. That is how a shotgun is supposed to work.

Migra

Posts: 137 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My old Beretta 12G S55 O/U, 27" bbls, twin triggers, choked i/c and mod.
Pity I can't shoot it anymore, due to injuries.
I guess I will just have to wait for my new favourite, a Beretta 686S in 28G I have on order. An 8 month wait! The Distributor in Oz has one with the single selective trigger but I'm going to hold out for twin triggers.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Two, actually - and one of them I don't use anymore. First would be a Browning 16ga 3-shot auto. This little gun was bought new by my father in the 'dirty thirties' and still going strong. It is to be handed down to my oldest grandson who is now 6. And I tell him stories about the Browning, I've shot everything from woodcock to deer with this gun - and about everything in between. No one knows how many ducks and no small numbers of geese have fallen to this gun.
And I have a Bennelli SBE that has shucked a lot of shells in the last 5 - 6 years. This is with out a doubt the hardest gun to learn to shoot I have ever owned but the more I shoot it the more I like it and the better I become. It is just a different gun.
I own a couple of nice doubles but just never learned to shoot one. My father once owned a big Ithaca ten bore, the orignal 10 ga magnum - and I wish I had it back today!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote