THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    What is the difference? Express or not, 870.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the difference? Express or not, 870.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On another thread I see people mentioning 870s that are not the express. Can somebody please tell me what the difference is? Thanks.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
The difference is in the fit and finish. The Express has a cheap hardwood or synthetic stock, and a rough finish on the metal which is mainly due to a lack on polishing before the metal was finished.

The higher end 870 is the Wingmaster. It has a walnut stock and nicely finished metal with a decent blue finish. When asked, I always recommend that people should buy a used Wingmaster instead of a new Express model if Express money is all the budget will permit.

If you're buying new, you also get 3 choke tubes with the Wingmaster versus 1 with the Express.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus one to the used wingmaster
a 20 or 30 year old wingmaster is a WAY better gun than not only a new express, but a new wingmaster.

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+ number next on the Wingmaster/used Wingmaster!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote