Find
Notify
Tools

tactical shotgun question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I am looking to convert a Browning BPS I have into a tactical shotgun.

Are there conversion stocks and magazine extension tubes available for the BPS?

If so...could someone please point me in the right direction?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you have entered a barren wasteland. the big boy tinker toys of "tactical pump shotguns" have to be Mossberg 500 and Remington 870. there seems to more available for them than anything else. good luck on your search

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They make a synthetic stock and forearm for the BPS, iirc. It is for the waterfowl edition. You can get them in black or camo.

The extended tube is something you might find in the Brownell's catalog.

I did an 1100, the best modification I made (personally) was having the forcing cone extended. I had the barrel cut to 22" (rib post was there) and Rem Chokes installed. Nine round extension tube.
The forcing cone is standard procedure for serious Turkey hunters. Tightens the choke waaaaaaaaaay tighter, so you can hone a choke tube out to give you exactly the pattern you want with your loads. The pre-hone choke was full, and it made groups about 18" circular at 40yds.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A rare Nickudu sighting!!!!

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
indeed...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nickudu!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote