New
Find
Notify
Tools

.410 Slugs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know if any refugees from the Shooter's shotgun boards made it over, but just in case...

There's a new source of swaged slugs for the .410. Doug Scott is selling them for about $20 for 50 plus actual shipping. They are .375" (about the same as the old Lyman slugs) and come in 3 weights from 95 to 125 gr.

I've been exchanging emails with Doug for some time, comparing notes on .410 slugs. His site is

http://dougs410slugs.tsx.org

Best thing is he's got a Message board set up that dedicated to .410. Just click on the "Trade Message Board" button on the left.

I'm new here and if I'm not supposed to post links like this, my apologies. As far as I know (and I've looked) there are only 4 sources for .410 component slugs.

BH

Posts: 48 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother had good luck using .357 148 gr hollow base wadcutter stuck in a regular .410 wad.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog,

I tried those too but they tumbled from the guns I tried them in. I did pick up an old Herters swage die for .357 half jacket SWC's and replaced the nose punch with a base punch to form a deep hollow.
I loaded them in the shotcup and had pretty fair results with a Mossberg 500 and a Stevens single barrel using COW (actually Malt-o-meal- my wife eats the cream of wheat) as filler inside the shotcup.

Unfortunately they won't shoot for spit in the Win 9410. Darned oversize bores. I've been looking for a .40 swage die (cheap) to modify but no luck so far.

BH

Posts: 48 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote