Find
Notify
Tools

Night vision for Texas suggestions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Once again I find myself in need of adult supervision.

I now have a very good place to hunt deer/hogs and have had two successful trips. I think I'm in need of some kind of 'night vision'

I really don't want to spend 5K for something I'll use a couple nights a year. I like 'simple' and don't need a complicated-to-program affair. It will probably go atop a dedicated 'hog whacking' rifle. Most of my shooting will be 100-250 yars.

ATN? FLIR? PULSAR? What am I going to be ~happy with 3 or 4 years from now.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had my pulsar gear for about 3 years now and couldn't be happier.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Once again I find myself in need of adult supervision.

I now have a very good place to hunt deer/hogs and have had two successful trips. I think I'm in need of some kind of 'night vision'

I really don't want to spend 5K for something I'll use a couple nights a year. I like 'simple' and don't need a complicated-to-program affair. It will probably go atop a dedicated 'hog whacking' rifle. Most of my shooting will be 100-250 yars.

ATN? FLIR? PULSAR? What am I going to be ~happy with 3 or 4 years from now.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com...estions#Post17157187

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have also used Pulsar products for 3 years or so and they work, period.....but they're probably way more spendy than you're wanting.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good experiences with a Sightmark Photon and have heard that the Wraith is also pretty good.

These guys sell equipment and do pretty honest reviews of the products: https://outdoorlegacygear.com/

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Bought a ATN X sight Pro (3-14). Also got an ATN 'Supernova' illuminator. I'm not impressed with the 1" adjustable mount for the illuminator (too much wiggle). Would a Burris 1" 'Signature' ring with the insert work better for alignment purposes?

I'll be using this maybe 10 nights a year for hogs.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pulsar from third coast thermal has done anything I needed But have been around some ATN that works Ok for the money

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pulsar,,Pulsar,,Pulsar tried to research,, talk to people that used often,,, And third coast thermal,,, Pulsar has done anything I asked of it, For a decent price Atn is decent for the money, Looses at longer range

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Sold the ATN stuff, got with 3rd Coast Thermal and bought N-Vision. Much better.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All my coyote, bobcat night hunting consistedof a Q-beam spot light, hand call and tape recorder and a red cover on the Q-beam, I dont see how anything else could be more effective..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote