New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATN ps22 day night vision
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have been considering one of these any opinions or experiences?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have also been looking at this from the standpoint of hey i don't have to get out of the blind. in addition being able to go from gun to gun is a big plus. I'm also on the fence about buying one of these. i'm leaning more towards a new one cause i don't know really where to look for a new one and expect to find one here in OK. the generation II would be what i'm interested in for the money. bottomline i'm also interested in this and am willing to mod a gun to make this fit fust from the funtionality and getting away from one dedicated gun.

Posts: 59 | Location: Ok city, OK | Registered: 21 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought one of these in the "2G plus-CGT" configuration. Happy with it for the price.

Not as good as 3G night-vision. While I didn't have side-by-side comparison, I'd been pig hunting with 3rd Gen equipment the week before. With 3rd Gen in the open, I could see pigs well enough to shoot at out to maybe 130 yards on a night with little enough moon that I couldn't make the target out well enough to shoot with the naked eye beyond 25 yards. Under similar conditions with the CGT I could see 4" x 12" pink flamingo (don't ask) at 80 yards. 20 to 25 yard to see with the naked eye, also. The flamingo's smaller than the pigs, but the plastics probably easier to pick up.

I'll post more if I can spot deer at night and get closer to an apples-to-apples comparison.

The front-of-scope adapter system works reasonably well, too.

At that distance, I didn't notice any real effectiveness of the IR450 flashlight, though I imagine it'd help in wooded area with less light at closer distances.

Hope this helps anybody considering one.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote