THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM NIGHT VISION AND SILENCER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Nightvision And Silencers    Tx to amend law and legalize hunting with supr.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tx to amend law and legalize hunting with supr.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A proposal has been submitted to allow the use of firearms supressors to hunt game animals. Below is the link. Please weigh in if you feel compelled. I use suppressed rifles afield all the time simply because of being ear safe. Animals still hear the rifle's report and the sonic boom. There is nothing "silent" about it. I have never had a group of coyotes or pack of hogs stick around after being shot at with a suppressed rifle. Just my two cents.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/bu...201203_hunting.phtml

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done. I also commented on the pheasants in east Texas. Hopefully they can restock...The last restock lasted 30 years.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
There is nothing "silent" about it. I have never had a group of coyotes or pack of hogs stick around after being shot at with a suppressed rifle. Just my two cents.

Perry

That's refreshing.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry: Animals still hear the rifle's report and the sonic boom. There is nothing "silent" about it. I have never had a group of coyotes or pack of hogs stick around after being shot at with a suppressed rifle. Just my two cents.
Perry

Use subsonic ammunition.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote