New
Find
Notify
Tools

natural night vision?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i had a procedure done on my eyes yesterday a nd i had to get both of my eyes dialated.... the solution they used lasted for several hours and it was after dark when we drove home.... there was a full moon out and i couldn't believe how well i could see at night...... the closer lights were still almost to bright to look at but i could really see well in the dark (it was around 10 pm)...... i had to use sun glasses all the day light hours because it was unbearable to be in the sun with out them on..... i got to thinking about when i helpful thing it would be if our special forcses could get the drops put in thier eyes when they go out on night missions... all the dr used was a couple of drops to dialate my eyes.......

thoughts?............................

posted Hide Post
Terrible idea.

The first muzzle flashes would blind them and any explosions would render them incapable of action for minutes, if not hours.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the muzzle flash issue had crossed my mind but i don't know how bad it might effect a guy...............

posted Hide Post
It's the flashes from the rifles around you that would be deleterious to your vision.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote