Find
Notify
Tools

What do I have?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HABCAN
posted
The smallest round in my collection appears to be an old unmarked .22 BB Cap case necked down to take about a single #8 shot. A collector I considered knowledgeable told me years ago that it was just a musket cap(?) done up as a joke by some individual, but to me it looks like a factory job. Would any of you know about this? Thanks!

Posts: 37 | Location: East Central Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
habcan

There are shooters who actually make and shoot the very tiny calibers. 10, 12, 14, etc. There is a whole series of these small cartridges using the 22 rimfire cases necked down. Does yours have a bullet? You said it was necked down to take about a single #8 shot. I have never seen one that small but that's not to say someone doesn't do it. You might want to go to this site and ask the question.

http://www.saubier.com

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HABCAN
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has a little shot in it, in what appears to be a necked-down .22 BB Cap rf case. I will check out the site you supplied, with thanks, Cheekako!

Posts: 37 | Location: East Central Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With Quote