New
Find
Notify
Tools

6x47
 Login/Join

<slancey>
posted
Anyone here have any Federal Match brass with the 6x47 headstamp? I think it's nickel plated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That stuff is hard to find. Many consider it a collectors item and only sell one or two cases at a time. Try over on Benchrest Central. There are several oldtime benchrest shooters who actually used the stuff and there may be some for sale. How many do you want?

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
I guess I'm looking for a bag of 100 or so. A lot of those guys have tight neck barrels, and they've already turned the necks. My rifle is a Kimber 84, with a standard neck chamber.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can't find enough just get some 222 Rem Mag brass and expand the necks with a tapered expander. That's what I did years ago when I had a 6x47 and I think that brass was better than the Federal stuff. JMHO

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do you want nickle? It is inferior to the regular brass. I sold a bunch of nickle plated about 6 months ago. Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheechako is right. Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I have had great results with the Federal 6x47 brass I use. Nickle isn't a problem for me. Do have some Herters (norma) 222 mag brass but that is high dollar stuff. I necked the Federal down to 222 mag and the necks were very uniform. Checked them with tubing mike. Necks were thicker but not enough to have to neck turn.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Imagine running into another person who has a Oregon Kimber 84 in 6x47mm. Smiler

How does yours shoot?

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Close but not really related - I have an Oregon Kimber Stainless 6mm barrel that I will be chambering in 6 /222 Rimmed , just because I can....use in a Martini Cadet action .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote