Find
Notify
Tools

superspeed,superx,winspeed,ect...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
Anyone have exact mfg dates of these haedstamps?
I was just curious as i have reloaded a few
superspeed headstamps.Are they from the thirties?If so I wont be reloading them anymore due to age.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cal30

I bet if you go over to the cartridge collector forum you will get exact answers.

Ray

www.cartridgecollectors.org/f/forum.php

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Cheehako
thanks Il be spending more time there. beer

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Superspeed centrefire was first listed in Winchesters 1925 pricelist , limited calibres and all with hollowpoint bullets.

The first listing for Staynless centrefire is inthe 1930 pricelist.

In 1932 Winchester started the manufature of Western Cartridge Company mettallic ammunition.

Thats all I have on earlier start dates .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Muzza are you a shooter also?
Is my brass to old for modern presures??
Thay look good and I am meticulas when I inspect them,before I reload them.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Yes mate , I do shoot in the general direction of things , but I dont know the real answer to your question. For myself I would be dubious about reloading brass of that age , but having said that it is probably as good as some of the brass sold to reloaders new these days ...
If it were me , I would fire a few rounds to see if there was any obvious signs of bad things happening , but I wouldnt reload the brass . The cost of new cases is minor compared to the chance of personal injury - I still have a piece of a .25 Stevens Long ruptured case embedded in my eye from being mean and not buying newer ammo .

My .02 cents worth anyway , others may have opposing views . Good luck whatever call you make .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Just got back from shooting them A okay
they were stored in a gun cabinet for years.