New
Find
Notify
Tools

need .44 American cartridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a S&W Modle 3 in .44 American. I have been unable to find either loaded or fired rounds for this classic revolver I would like to have 5 or 6 rounds to put into a display with the firearm. It and my first generation Colt 44-40 were owned by a law man in the late 1800, and have what is known as a Bridgeport rig. I have the guns, hanger and the remains of his old belt. I would very much like to display these with his Mod. 73 rifle in 38-40. Why he had a 30-49 rifle and a 44-40 revolver I don't know. Can anyone put me on the trail of these cartriges? I DO NOT INTEND TO SHOOT THE OLD THING. Although it is as tight as it was when new. I just want a look at.
Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge

44 American cartridges are probably considered collectors items. Copy and paste this in your browser and ask for help there. Good Luck.

Ray

http://cartridgecollectors.org

Might also try

http://www.auctionarms.com

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JudgeSharpe
I have 1 spare 44S&W Americian cartridge, it's not in the best of condition ("well pateaned" LOL) but PM you UPS address and I'll send it to you.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner:
plese give me the tracking number again. The 44 American has not shown up yet and I can not find the PM that you sent it to me in thanks a bunch for all of your trouble.
Bill Brower

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner:
nevermind the above message- I found the tracking number and have confirmed that the package is in transit.
Thanks agai
Judge Sharpe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner:
The 44 American arrived today Thanks again.
Bill Brower

one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy, and pass the kindness forward.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote