THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Where are the discounted Asian hunts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the discounted Asian hunts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seems hunts from the rest of the world are being heavily discounted but haven't seen many from the Asian countries yet.
Is there a reason or are they coming?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be very interested in knowing the same thing. Seems like right now would be a great time to book a hunt. Apparently the economy is not as bad as we are told. Could it be?

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bet there will be some unsold Ibex hunts in Mongolia this year, and even more in 2010! Two years ago Ibex hunts sold for $4000. In the last few years demand and middle men drove the price up 50%. If they go down I will be looking to book a hunt.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed Robert... I was CLOSE to booking either a Mongolian or Kyrgystan Ibex hunt for this year.. but the economy allowed me to do a cape buffalo/elephant hunt just 2 months ago...so I am ALL tapped out for the 2009 seasons!! Should the opportunity for the ibex come up again for 2010, I will be in the market.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my mind made up to go to Mongolia for ibex also, but was told there were no more tags. Quota reached. I thought the same thing you did. Oh well. I am shopping for a deal somewhere too, Africa or Asia.
Scottyboy, I like your quote! Kewl.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding these permits are controlled by a few officials. They give, sell, or allocate them to who ever they want to be resold. I got an email last week saying there are still a few permits left unsold for 09. If China reopens / more supply and the economy stays were its at, I think there will be some real deals in 2010!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got that same email Robert.. Seems that there are still a few permits floating around out there for the '09 season..

Magnum, thanks and GOOD LUCK buddy on getting that deal! Should you find a real razzer of a deal, dont hold back on us and keep us up to date!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari Outfittters sent me an email regarding a few tags in Mongolia. $6000 for an Ibex hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
When we hunted Mongolia in 06 the hunt was $3600 for the 3 day hunt and $6100 for Both Gobi and Siberian Ibex combo. I think the hunts will come back down from the price they are now.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye,
That is what I am banking on. There is a lot of gouging going on right now. Jeff Neal has a price a little higher than that on his website for ibex.
Apparently there are only a few outfitters that offer bear hunts in Russia and if you look at the websites directly, the price is about $3600 but by the time a booking agent gets involved the price is $5500.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
The big money Markhor and Sheep hunts will always be sold. There are simply not enough tags relative to the number of big money guys who aren't really imapacted by a 40% reduction in their wealth. The guys who were saving their pennies for big money sheep hunts and such are probably going to downgrade to Ibex if they are really into Asian hunting. For that reason, I don't think I see Ibex hunting going down too much in price.

posted Hide Post
I got a email from profi hunt, knocking down a Kyrgyzstan ibex hunt, seems like they reduced the price $500-$1,000

Posts: 50 | Location: Winfield, KS | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
When the lower end hunts are getting discounted, it's because guys who used to be able to afford a $40K sheep hunt are getting out of the game for a year rather than downgrading to something cheaper. It doesn't bode well for the economy when guys who used to be worth $10 million get REAL jittery because they are now worth $7 million. It does bode well for bargain seeking hunters however! Remember Warren Buffet's words...."be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy"!

Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
what is the cost of a markohr hunt anyway? I never see any prices quoted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.chinahunt.net/en/hunt%20in%20pakistan.html

Approximately $150,000

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
To each his own I guess. For that you could do Tanzania lion included and have enough left over for a Stone sheep. For the serious collector only I guess. I wonder how many get hunted a year?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Approximately Five

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Wow elite indeed. Thanks for the info

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even if I had $150k to donate, I'd have a hard time with the whole Pakistan situation.
I will say though, the Markhor have some of the most unique horns out there.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
Seems hunts from the rest of the world are being heavily discounted but haven't seen many from the Asian countries yet.
Is there a reason or are they coming?

Ibex in Kirgystan - 4500US$
Snow sheep in Ohotsk - 15000US$
Dagestan Tur und Caucasian Goat in Caucasus
(Fall season in August/September/Oktober/November) - 7000US$

Coming next:
Wild Boar in Ussuri-Taiga (The biggest Boar in the World)
Bär in Chukotka peninsula
Maral/Bär/Ibex and Siberian Roe Deer in Altai (Kazakhstan) - Super Combi Packages!!!

Guys!

I would be very glad to hear your opinion on hunting. Offer the trips...
What are you looking for to go on hunting?
What animals interest you in Asia?
I suggest to specify the minimum approximate cost also. Write please how much you will pay for hunting trips...

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote