New
Find
Notify
Tools

turkmenestan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but here goes.

My wife's company is doing extensive work in Turkmenestan, what trophy game animals are hunted there? Also if anyone has visited the country what trinkets/ souveniers have you brought home? We've got a couple nice carpets and some wall hangings and carvings any other suggestions? Also has anyone brought spices back and specifically which ones? I've put in an order for saffron but I'm unsure what else is available.

thanks

the chef

One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Transcaspian and Afghan urials are the top trophies from Turkmenistan. I am sure they also have goitered (persian) gazelle and wolf and there are possibly roe deer and boar in river bottoms.

Carpets are the best thing to get in Turkmenistan, but there are export limits. There are als oother weavings/wall hangings. No idea about spices.

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Transcaspian and Afghan urial are the top trophies for Turkmenistan. There must also me goitered (persian) gazelle and wolf and possibly roe deer and/or boar in river bottomland.

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote