New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time Mongolia hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey all you AR guys with Asian hunting experience out there. I'm looking for a first time Mongolia hunt. Next year will be African Safari #6, and I've done Alaska, BC, and the Yukon. Looking for a first time Mongolia trip. Not even sure of species at this point. Budget is US 15K. Will be in Reno at SCI, but I am hoping to have some insight before I begin the process of interviewing outfitters. What help and advice can you offer? Many thanks. Tom.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cjworldtrek
posted Hide Post
Hey TWL,

Let me know if you would like to visit before (or meet with me at) SCI. If you are on a $15K budget that will allow you to do either a combination ibex (Gobi and Altai) or a single specie hunt. Currently a single specie hunt is $5900 1x1 or $5500 2x1...combination hunt is $9500 1x1 or $8900 2x1...in the Gobi region you could also add gazelle and/or wolf on a trophy fee basis. The above prices are from arrival in Ulaan Baatar...you can fly Korean Air (via Seoul) from LAX to Ulaan Baatar for about $1800 r/t.

Safari Outfitters has been arranging hunts to Mongolia since about 1958...we know it well. I have personally been there twice and am very familiar with all aspects of the adventure. It is one of the best destinations for a first time Asian hunter.

E-mail or PM me and we can get into more detail.

Cheers,

Clark Jeffs
SAFARI OUTFITTERS
(307) 587-5596
clark@safari1.com

Posts: 95 | Location: The World from Cody, WY | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM enroute downrange.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote