New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gear for ibex hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like information on a gear list for an ibex hunt in kyrzigstan. Interested in what gear is needed. I will need too buy everything so exact brands and models are welcome. This same gear will hopefully be used on other hunts. So I want too purchase quality gear that will hold up. Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Use the search button! There's several threads on this same subject.

I have a list my outfitter sent, but im going to Kaza. The altitude is not as high so mileage may vary.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Brett B has done Kyrg. ibex and sheep and he is a good source of info for gear...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used all First Lite clothing(www.firstlite.com). Spend whatever it takes to have the best boots and optics. Shoot your rifle as much as possible.
Get in great shape! Take altitude meds.

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Brett B has done Kyrg. ibex and sheep and he is a good source of info for gear...

Thanks Tim. I'm in contact with Johnny reb. Just incase someone else sees this thread and has similar questions in the future I would start by reading my gear list at the end of my hunt report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...8321043/m/6241071281

After that please feel free to contact me if you have specific questions about gear or the hunt.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote