THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    The absolute raw power of a tiger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The absolute raw power of a tiger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen a tiger in captivity, but I would LOVE to see a tiger in the wild. To see a tiger take a Gaur is something else Smiler

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lucky guys who say & filmed that incident!

I have seen tiger in the wild - 1979 Corbett National Park. We say 3 in 20 minutes. One was a fleeting glimpse. The other was a good long view at less than 20 meters as the young sub adult walked from the Sal forest on to the track while we were on the riding elephant. It just sat and looked around for a while before it slinked off into the elephant grass on the other side - towards the river flats.

The third one was only a few minutes away - walking up the road in front of us about 200 meters away.

Even after 35 years I still marvel at that memory & my heart thumps!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
When a tiger comes the whole forest goes silent a bit like Moses parting the sea
Absolutely surreal

That's includes the leopards

Absolutely fearless

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a very old gaur cow that was in bad shape. A younger one would surely have put up some resistiance but the end result would have been the same.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A missed observation! The cow was by herself. That could only mean she was sick to the point that she could not keep up with the herd. Only mature or near mature bulls will wander off on their on but cows will always stay with the herd even when they are feeling bad unless they aren't capable of it. I think there was no real struggle because she wasn't up to it. This is not a good example of the power of a tiger, it was just to easy of a kill.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote