New
Find
Notify
Tools

hunting in japan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
are there any outfitters or guides for big game hunting in japan?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 29 | Location: montana | Registered: 02 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First of all, I only "know" what I've read in here, so take this as probably true but not necessarily.

As far as I know, a foreigner cannot hunt with guns in Japan.

A guy who posts in here from time to time, Eric Rose, "Hokkaido", organized a bow hunt for Americans. You can search his posts for information on hunting in Japan, or you might contact him. He hasn't posted in a while, so I'm not sure what his current situation is......

http://forums.accuratereloadin...511087571#7511087571

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Yes Eric Rose does still offer hunts.
Our member Mario has hunted with him. Another friend of mine went last year and was very happy!

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was someone a while ago opffering Sitka deer hunts either shotgun or archery

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend and I hunted with him in 2012 and had a blast. It's a bow or spear only hunt. PM or email me if you want some more details.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
There was someone a while ago opffering Sitka deer hunts either shotgun or archery

I think you may be confusing "trying" to offer a shotgun hunt with an actual offer. As I recall, Hokkaido mentioned this but was unable to get permission for alien shotgun use.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Go with locals

No bullshit

No surprises

Get to places most people don't even know exists

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatorgordo, this is the guy I was thinking of. No I am not offering hunts. Couldn't remember the specifics as to weapons. I just remembered a stag with a shotgun in the photo.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote