New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asian Mountain Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience booking Mongolian Argali with Bryan Martin/Asian Mountain Outfitters?

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
He has some Videos on Youtube. A good friend knows him and he is good to go.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slider, PM sent.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
You may want to do a bit of checking into Bryan Martin's background. Each to their own I guess, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to hunt with a guy who has been convicted of wildlife offences more than once and as I understand it, also charged under the Lacey Act etc.

Quick check on google will pull up all sorts of information.

Just sayin'!

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Here is my report. Would I book with them again? No.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...071010452#2071010452

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2259 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My best friend hunted with a big group with him in 2019.

Absolute cluster fuck in Kyrgistan.

He called two weeks before the hunt and told my buddy to bring 2000 rounds of 223 ammo, and $4000 grand in cash for tips, this was for an ibex hunt.

It wasn't a hunt he could afford to begin with, and there was no way he was getting on an airplane in Australia with 2000 rounds worth of 223.

He said it was poached out (by the outfitter) pretty hard.

They managed 5 ibex for a group of 7 people.

One guy missed one and they wouldn't let him hunt again.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Avoid.

Posts: 10146 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never met him. I have seen him in Istanbul and Dushanbe.

I have heard enough to make me leery.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bryan has organized 3 Asian hunts for me. All wonderful adventures. Is it Africa? No. Asia is for men.

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Bryan’s motto appears to be “We don’t give you the shaft, we sell it to you”. I’d trust him as much as gas station sushi.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AMO strikes again. Why would anyone book with him?

https://www.rokslide.com/forum...n-outfitters.275977/

Mike

Posts: 51 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 17 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Criminals doing criminal things... we should all stay clear. Asia seems to be a host for these kinds of parasites. Shame this one is American.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a bit of research. He hosed a guy from NV badly. Basically stole his money.

Also banned by one of the sheep organizations. I forget which one .

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Banned from WSF

Mike

Posts: 51 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 17 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard good things recently! I would avoid.

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has been permanently banned by the Wild Sheep Foundation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
You may want to do a bit of checking into Bryan Martin's background. Each to their own I guess, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to hunt with a guy who has been convicted of wildlife offences more than once and as I understand it, also charged under the Lacey Act etc.

Quick check on google will pull up all sorts of information.

Just sayin'!

that is a long discussion we had in the past and despite some supporting him i will avoid him ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post