THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Marco Polo Sheep hunting to close???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marco Polo Sheep hunting to close???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been hearing rumors from clients who are scheduled to hunt Marco Polo Sheep during 2009 that Tajikistan is seriously considering closing MP Sheep hunting.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Any information you can provide would be appreciated,as there are some very nervous hunters waiting to hear if this is true.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me this isn't so.

Kathi, would this apply to Kyrgistan as well?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recent returning hunters from Tajikistan have been saying the Tajiks are considering closing MP hunting in 2009, while others are saying 2010.

When we were there in early November, no one said anything about possible closing of MP.

I am trying to verify this rumor.

I have heard nothing on Kyrgystan.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, Kathi,
I am Alvaro, one of the two Spaniards that you met in your hunt in Tajikistan in November.
We have been hearing the same rumour every other year for the last years.
We have four clients booked for 2009 and the local outfitter says there is nothing to be feared for next season and that if Marco Polo hunting is eventually closed it will not happen before 2010 season.
But you know how unsubstantial those people can be, that meaning that anything may happen regardelss there are or there are not any rumours.
Best regards,
Alvaro

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alvaro,

Thanks for the information. We will stop by John X Safaris booth at SCI to visit and relive the 33 hour ride to camp.

Mike (from Reno)that was with us on the Tajikistan trip, drew a Desert Bighorn sheep tag for Nevada and shot a great ram. What a year he had, the big MP and then the Desert Bighorn.

See you in Reno!!!!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, Mike had told me about his desert sheep hunt but I have not heard from him ever since.

If you are in cotact with him, please ask him to drop me a line and share a picture of his ram.

Looking forward to seeing you in Reno,

Alvaro

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote