Find
Notify
Tools

Marco Polo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cjworldtrek
posted
For those who may have an interest in Marco Polo hunting, here is our latest update.

Safari Bullet #146

Current price is $35,500 in Tajikistan.

Questions?

Feel free to contact me.

Clark Jeffs
Safari Outfitters
(307) 587-5596
clark@safari1.com
SAFARI OUTFITTERS

Posts: 95 | Location: The World from Cody, WY | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of snow on the ground. Clark is this the summer hunt?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cjworldtrek
posted Hide Post
A couple of those photos are from October, the others are in November.

The snow usually does not get too bad. It's like Wyoming...it blows away!

Posts: 95 | Location: The World from Cody, WY | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are some nice rams but oooh...I really like that 2nd one...kind of a non-typical Marco Polo structure.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually like the first one the best. It looks a lot like mine. Oh wait. It is mine.

Great Hunt Clark. Thanks.!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that ram DPS and welcome to the forums. What did it measure? You need to tell us about the hunt too unless I missed it somewhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yukon delta

No - I haven't done a post yet. I'll try to get one up here soon. It was a great trip and Safari Outfitters did a great job!! My ram was 58" on the nose. I was also lucky to take a great 44.5" Ibex.

By the way I've been to Palmer a few times. I love your great state!

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I want to see the ibex. That's high on my list.

We've got rams around Palmer but nothing like yours!

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Not to steal any of Doug's thunder...but here's his Ibex and another shot of his awesome Marco Polo - taken at 15,100 & 16,100 feet above sea level...via traditional walk and stalk - quite an accomplishment!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like that shot of his sheep much better than the one on CJ's website.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pictures Bill. I'm a bit challenged when it comes to posting pics. My wife has offered to help me so I will try to post a full report very soon. It really was a fantastic experience.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
DPS thanks for sharing your photos.

Is that a Swazi shirt you are wearing in the photo with your Sheep??

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top Predator - Yes it is. The pants are Swazi too as well as two layers underneath. I won't go on a trip without my Swazi.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
To each his own, but those animals simply reduce any other type of game heads I have seen on this forum to a distant second place! Truly magnificent and has to be one fantastic hunt whether scoring a trophy or not, but those trophys are the ultimate for a hunter I would say.
Not to bore you with dumb questions, but how heavy are these animals?? do they have natural enemies in their home range?? what do you consider the best firearm to use for this type of hunt?? Any books out there that one could obtain such information that I am asking?? Again, truly magnificent in all respects and size and shape of those horns beyond belief!! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These sheep weigh 300-400# depending on the type of sheep...some argali types are heavier than others and their horns vary somewhat in shape, length and weight. As to popular rifles, you will see lots of 7mm and 30 calibers. There are lots of wolves in the Asian mountains and of course the winter weather kills sheep too.

One of my favorite books on this subject is called Wind, Dust and Rams by Robert M. Anderson but there are lots of good books around on Asian mountain hunts. The question you haven't asked yet is price...don't ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Yukon Delta,
Thanks for the answers to my questions and that is good, but then you go and bring up that nasty topic of MONEY!! But, it is like a very good friend of mine and business client(the two rarely occur, but it does at times)used to say, "it only costs 80% more to go first class!"
I would venture to say a budget of something slightly less than 100K would do the hunt nicely including fees, lic., "tips" Hey, I could put a hint into my friend and he would probably not blink and eye about funding my trip, but that would not be the right thing to do. Or would it??

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DPS,

Congratulations on a GREAT sheep and ibex. Looking forward to your hunting report.

My husband is praying he is one of the "chosen few" that is selected by USFWS for a permit. He is booked for the fall of 2008.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kathi, who with and for which species?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob Kern-Hunting Consortium

Marco Polo/ Ibex

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I wander what size orange jump suit Bob will wear at Levenworth?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote