Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Attack Video
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
This video doesn't exactly deal with Africa Hunting but at least the person attacked is on the back of an elephant! Holy crap that thing moved like lightning!!

Tiger Attack

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Shit!! That`s one fast moving object.. He should be very happy he survived..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
No biggie. Did you guys not notice that the little fellah had a pair of trusty, and pretty sturdy looking chopsticks on him for defense? Looked like he knew how to use them, too. Of course, the poor elephant probably didn't appreciate having his head shat upon very much... Wink

On a slightly more serious note, I saw that a while back, and it blew my mind how fast and how ferocious that kitty looked, and how much air he got. Another inch, and that dude would have been La Machined.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's why they invented the Howdah pistol !! Obviously the cat wasn't detered by the elephant !

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Information on the Howdah pistol:

http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/antique_guns/purdey_howdah/howdah.html

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Scary. Talk about athleticism!! That was an incredible leap! Yikes.....

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! shocker
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that tigers could fly!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
This vid was discussed a while ago on another forum I frequent, here are the details as far as my feeble brain remembers it-

This was at or next to a tiger sanctuary, they had darted the tigers cub the day before and relocated it, and I think they tried darting the mom and missed or had a poor stick or something. Anyway so that was the set up to this. So they were trying to flush the tiger out to get another shot when she decided enough was enough and made that incredible charge.

What you don't see is what happened next- the tiger knocked the mahout (the ele's driver) and one other person off the elephant. Also during the leap she bit the hand of the mahout so that he needed some fingers amputated later.

Anyway, so here we are with these 2 guys knocked to the ground and an enraged tiger...

And an elephant who also really really likes her mahout! (side track here but the mahouts and ele's usually form quite a bond as they pretty much live together with the mahout giving them baths and petting and scratching them, etc)

Anyway, so the ele decides to show the tiger who is boss and pins the tiger to the ground with her foot. Unfortunately I don't know where the dart guy is so the tiger gets out after a few minutes and then the ele is REALLY pissed and starts chasing after the tiger, and has to be restrained by 2 other ele's because she still wants a piece of tiger.

That is the gist of the story, I'm sure I got a detail or two wrong but that should be close enough. If I find the write up I'll post it if there is interest.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JP577
posted Hide Post
shocker shocker

That is some scary #&$@ !!

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
"Grabbed his abdomen"? On closer, and horrified inspection, it sure looks like she grabbed something else to me (as females will sometimes do when enraged).

CRYBABY

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the tiger saw the man as the danger and not the elephant.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote