THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Canadian becomes first bow hunter in GB history
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian becomes first bow hunter in GB history
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://nation.com.pk/newspaper...hunter-in-gb-history

Canadian becomes first bow hunter in GB history

April 15, 2017

Meraj Alam

Gilgit - A Canadian national has become the first person ever to hunt Himalayan Ibex with the bow during the ongoing trophy hunting season in Gilgit-Baltistan (GB).

Cameron hit Ibex, indigenous to Pakistan Himalayan and Karakoram ranges, from a distance of 100 meters in Gulmit valley of Hunza, an area managed by wildlife conservation society (WCS) since 2003.

The Nation correspondent quoted the Canadian as saying “I succeed to bow Ibex and I am very happy to become first ever bow hunter in the history of the region.”

He said the people of Pakistan, especially Gilgit-Baltistan, are very hospitable and cooperative and, “I am thankful for their hospitality.”

Cameron said it was his first experience in Pakistan and he is very happy with his achievement.

Gilgit-Baltistan Forest and Wildlife Department Secretary Sajad Haider said, “It was the first arrow hunt animal in the region.”

The secretary said, “Hunting throw arrow is the most suitable way of hunting for the preservation of environment and wildlife in the region.”

He appreciated the Canadian hunter for his unique approach and appreciated his job.

The Gilgit-Baltistan region is a home to rare species, including Marco-Polo sheep, Ibex, markhor, urial, blue sheep, lynx, snow leopard, brown and black bear, wolf, fox, marmot, chakor and ram chakor.

For this year trophy hunting competition, the GB government had auctioned hunting permits for four Markhors, 80 Ibexes and 14 Blue Sheep, respectively. The hunting season every year starts in November and ends in April.

According to an official of wildlife department, trophy hunting is carried out under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wildlife. He added that trophy hunting is allowed only in notified areas of GB in collaboration with the relevant communities. He revealed that 80 percent income of the hunting permits goes to the local community, which they would spend on development of wildlife in their respective areas and the remaining 20 percent would go to the government exchequer.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go Canada!!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
100 meters, that's a long shot.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I succeed to bow Ibex and I am very happy to become first ever bow hunter in the history of the region

Must be one of them French Canadians. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
“I succeed to bow Ibex and I am very happy to become first ever bow hunter in the history of the region

Must be one of them French Canadians, eh. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Pretty accomplished young bowhunter.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.pakistantoday.com....-by-hunting-an-ibex/

Link has photo of horns.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
The article says 100 kilometers
Oh boy, was it intercontinental arrow?
Maybe, North Korean made?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote