THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Asian hunting without bringing a gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asian hunting without bringing a gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
In Africa, Europe and North America it is fairly common to borrow a rifle for a hunt from an outfitter.

Can this be done in Asia?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Danish Ali in Pakistan offers his rifles for his hunters.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I've hunted in Asia it was an option. I've never used a rifle there but they seemed like decent ones but considering that shots are often long on Asian mountain hunts, I'd take my own if it was an option.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
What outfitters did you use that you saw guns that were serviceable?

PM is great too, thanks again.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We have quite different guns to be rented no prob.

Natalia Beck
Central Asian Hunting Club Kyrgyzstan
Beck's Hunting Spain
e-mail: natalia@beckshunting.com

Posts: 17 | Location: Madrid, Bishkek | Registered: 28 January 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
In Africa, Europe and North America it is fairly common to borrow a rifle for a hunt from an outfitter.

Can this be done in Asia?[/QUOT

MR.MASKAYEV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not bring my rifle to Pakistan, because there where problems bringing my own gun, the Pakistanis did not issued the permit on time my outfitter told me, but it was no problem the outfitter told me, he had plenty of good quility rifles, with quility scope's! So after my arrivel he habded me an unscoped semi automatic rifle, the rifle was jamming al the time! The start of a horror and disaster trip!

In Indonesia i always borrow i rifle, never had any problems there!

Posts: 68 | Location: Holland(Netherlands) | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Jason Yip from Papua New Guinea SPORTS FISHING will provide rifles to clients.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Dutchtrapper, What do you hunt in Indonesia?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my rifle all ready to go to Tajikistan and was informed that there might be a problem because of recent changes so I used their rifle.
It was a Blaser 300 Win mag with a fine Swarovski scope on it. It took me more than a minute to figure out that damn bolt system but all worked fine after I did.
I demanded to shoot it one shot at 100 meters and was met with resistance but they relented and I did shoot one shot at paper and eventually one shot at a fine ram!
Worked for me.
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Dutchtrapper, What do you hunt in Indonesia?

Mostly wildboar, some different kinds, rusa, barking deer, varmints!

Posts: 68 | Location: Holland(Netherlands) | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dutchtrapper:
I did not bring my rifle to Pakistan, because there where problems bringing my own gun, the Pakistanis did not issued the permit on time my outfitter told me, but it was no problem the outfitter told me, he had plenty of good quility rifles, with quility scope's! So after my arrivel he habded me an unscoped semi automatic rifle, the rifle was jamming al the time! The start of a horror and disaster trip!

In Indonesia i always borrow i rifle, never had any problems there!

my friend, who did you hunt with in Pakistan if you don't mind me asking. with a bad experience like this i think you will be doing everyone else a service to warn them of the outfitter.
Regards
Danish Ali Pir
www.indussafaris.com
Pakistan.

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote