THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Scottyboy makes the cover of OVIS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scottyboy makes the cover of OVIS!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our fellow AR member Scottyboy was fortunate enough to have his picture chosen for the cover of the most recent issue of OVIS magazine. I believe Roland used his magic touch on a well composed photo to bring out the beautiful colors. Congratulations on the accomplishment Scott!

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Great job Scott!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pete and Brett!

I am SO surprised (and happy) that the guys at the OVIS/GSCO office picked me to grace the cover of the most prestigious mountain hunting magazine there is. I am humbled and speechless!

THANKS OVIS!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Nice photo with a great trophy. Winter goats are neat.
Next a large bear ?

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil

you KNOW how badly I want a giant bruin from your area!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy,
Well done my friend!
I've loved that photo from the moment I first saw it.
Well deserved, well done,
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Zeke!!
Much appreciated and I am really surprised that it happened.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next a large bear ?

There's Phil, always the salesman! :-)

Posts: 20088 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Wonderful picture, beautiful goat! Scott my hats off to you, your doing it right, love it when guys like you, carry on hunting the way it should be done. Continue the tradition!

Best Regards,
Butch

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch
Thank you very much for the kind words.
It is very much appreciated, amigo!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A HUGE thank you goes out to the gents over at the GSCO/OVIS office for this beautiful plaque they had made for all the cover photos of the year.
It will be proudly hung and displayed in the room right next to the life size mount of the goat. It looks fantastic!

I am very grateful, guys. Thank you!

[/URL]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an honor. Now, we need to see that goat mount...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It just might have rubber boots on his back feet.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote