New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Corbett- Under Wild Skies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am watching Under Wild Skies. They are taking Jim Corbett's actual rifle back to India to the actual place where Corbett killed some of the tigers and leopards. It is absolutely fascinating. Definitely worth seeing.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Yes, I watched it. Corbett is my favorite hunting writer. When I went to India I made sure to visit Naini Tal where he resided in the summer, his winter home in Kaladhungi, and Corbett National Park. I even got to see one tiger in the wild. After watching the show I wish I had taken the time to visit Rudraprayag as I was within 50 miles of it, and the tree he sat in when he finally bagged that leopard is still alive.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent episode.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Saw it when it first aired a while back. Excellent episode. After all these years there still seems to be a good deal of respect for Corbett among the people in the area. What a dream it would be to do a tiger hunt in that area and relive the experiences of Corbett.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. Unfortunately, that will remain in the dream category.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I saw the show too. Like a lot of others I grew up reading Corbett's books. I can't think of another writer who could make you feel that you were there and keep you on the edge of your seat like he did.

The show was great. Thank goodness the rifle was saved.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2797 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
My most favorite books bar none

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Where can you see it?
No more cable here

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like others here I have enjoyed Corbett's writing more than any other . My question as a foreigner , is it possible to obtain videos of this show ? I would love to watch it .

Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Same here

“ Hávamál”

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.outdoorlife.com/jim...gby-returns-to-india

Story and some pretty cool pictures of Jim Corbett's rifle in India.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote