New
Find
Notify
Tools

kazakhstan here i come
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well sitting in Seoul airport waiting for my connecting flight to Almaty Kaz for a maral, ibex and roe deer hunt. Been 13yrs in the making and now about to live the dream. Sure hopeing it all goes well and i come home with loads of lies to tell and some great memories and trophies Cool

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, mate! Looking forward to your report!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. Take lots of pictures!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good luck and great hunting! Hope you come back with the maral stag of your dreams!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Good luck and great hunting! Hope you come back with the maral stag of your dreams!

+1

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Don't drink cold beer with shashlik Wink

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
can't wait for the report, also one of my hopes

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing the report, I have a couple of DVDs on Kazakstan and would love to hunt there someday.

Posts: 7770 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy hunting. Look forward to the report. Been hunting twice in Kazakhstan myself. Exciting wild life; you might see bears and argali sheep as well ! Look out for the Chinese border patrols Cool

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys just a quick check in to say I am on the way home and have had a fantastic fantastix trip to Kazakhstan the best poeple I have ever hunted with and have two very nice maral trophies to go to the taxidermist. My friend Asif at global safaris made the trip work without any hicups once again, so when I get back will need to post a pic or two cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you not connect with any ibex ?

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no ibex this time the area I hunted it seem November is a better time there for them as they move in for the rut. I saw one that would be around the 115cm mark but it was in a place to difficult to get to, there's always a next time Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes - the most exciting hunt is the next hunt Wink 115 cm is not big in Kazakhstan - you will for sure find bigger ones.

Would be nice to see the pictures of the 2 maral !? Can I ask what the name of the area you hunted in since you did not see many ibex ? Asking bacause I have hunted Kazakhstan 2 times and saw both maral, ibex and bear in the same area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Altin Emel national park about 6hours from Almaty I was 30 mile from the Kyrg boarder. not real good one the computer to post the pic

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
can't wait for the report

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
I was in Altin Emel national park about 6hours from Almaty I was 30 mile from the Kyrg boarder. not real good one the computer to post the pic

Ok I understand. I was in the Alatau Plateau which is about 10-12 hours drive from Almaty. The hunt is done in the mountains bordering China. Look forward to pictures Cool