Notify
Tools

Jim Corbett's rifle - cool video
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
https://www.facebook.com/JohnR...eos/797096013730389/

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed it, Inspiring craftsmanship, Thanks for finding and posting.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At SCI this year during a seminar given by Rigby, the attendees had the opportunity to handle the original rifle after putting on cotton gloves. When my turn came, I stood and tried to replicate the slow-motion, one-arm, 3/4 circle Corbett made with rifle described when he encountered the Chowgarh tigress 8 feet away, "... and on her face was a smile, similar to that one sees on the face of a dog welcoming his master home after a long absence." For me, this brief reenactment was a cherished moment.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Naki, thank you for this. Kurt, what a wonderful memory.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Great clip. It was a memorable event to be able to see that rifle at DSC this year. Even though Rigby also had Corbett's .450/.400 there too, for some reason I found the .275 Rigby to be more interesting. Regarding the video, all things considered I think I would prefer to just have a clone of Corbett's rifle without all the embellishments.

Mike

Posts: 21253 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote