THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    VIDEO - Hunting Maral in Kazakhstan 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VIDEO - Hunting Maral in Kazakhstan 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

To explain some of the footage. The first sequence is a Maral shot and wounded by a friend at 25 yards! Despite our best efforts we did not find the stag. Two weeks later after we returned Nicolas our guide was hunting with another client and they shot at and missed a large brown bear! When they went to check for blood they found that the bear had been feeding on Jeff's stag! At the end of the video you see Nicolas ride into camp with the antlers.

The second sequence is the Maral I shot. The first shot was taken at 749 yards, as there was no way to approach closer and the shot felt good to me at the time, I knew where the gun was shooting so decided to take it. If you look very carefully you can see the bullet in flight and also hear the sound of the impact a good bit after you see the animal react. [keep in mind the video you are watching is zoomed in quite a bit]. I fired the finishing shot at 370 yards from the tree where I am seen talking. It went down so fast I did not see it drop so am seen asking later if it went down! Unfortunately we did not get the shot on video as the focus was on finishing the job at that point.

The third sequence is Renaud with a french client. Overall this year the footage wasn't the best for one reason or the other but one should be able to get a good idea of what this hunt is all about.

If you are an Elk hunter this is your absolute dream hunt for monster bulls in pure wilderness. Note - While both our bulls are very nice and will probably score within the top 10 in the SCI record book they are not monsters!

Sincerely,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2540 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote