THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Given approval and funds for the tiger hunt, what choice of firearm and chambering ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Given approval and funds for the tiger hunt, what choice of firearm and chambering ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted
I guess if I were tiger hunting, my Ruger .458 Win Mag would get the call. How about you?

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://ezine.nitroexpress.info...Asia-PDF/Asia309.pdf

My friend Sam used his 375 and shot a monster cat
(link has the story).

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9380 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely have my Wm. Evans 450-400NE in tow, but I'd also have my scoped Wiebe .375 H&H in case of a longer or more difficult shot. I imagine that striped hide blends well with the Indian bush...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
308 would do for me
Remember all, shot placement…

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go with my trusty Blaser r93 in 8x57
Loaded with 160 grs ttsx and an aimpoint on top for the close calls in the jungel!

Posts: 93 | Location: Norway | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely my .450 double.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend Sam used his 375 and shot a monster cat
(link has the story).

Excellent story Kathi!! Thanks for posting that link.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible story. I cannot even imagine going on that hunt. Nothing could match it.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 80's there was an old guy who was on the board of a client. He was a serious hunter. Very serious hunter. He had hunted all over the world. I once got to visit his trophy room. It was absolutely incredible. He has multiple full mount tigers. I was stunned at the size of them.

In the early 90s, I took my then 10-year-old son turkey hunting in Texas. We met the landowner. He indicated we were early so why didn't we go check on his dog and his cat. I thought that was a little weird but what the hell. Ends up his cat was a full grown bengal tiger. He had it in a pen behind his house. This thing was massive, absolutely massive. He walked up to us at the fence. His face was almost as high as mine.

I can't imagine running into one of these things at night.

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
many moons ago where i worked for the summer we has siberian now called amour tigers, polar and grizzly bears and had rem 700 bdl in 30-06 with 220 rn corelokt which has proved to be efficient in the day ... for today i cant say.

Posts: 1744 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi, Thanks for posting this wonderful story.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3339 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Jim Corbett did a pretty good job with a Rigby 275. His stories inspired me to get one.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great story, Kathi. Sam Pancotto was a man after my own heart.

I would use my custom pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H Magnum. No doubt.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a fine 20 Practical that would sting one. JK

I'd opt for a 30 cal mag or higher with a bullet that would expand well.

I cannot even imagine hunting one of those big cats. It would be a rush like no other!!

Zeke