Find
Notify
Tools

maral hunting kazakstan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'day all
I am intrested in finally forfilling a dream to hunt maral,ibes,roe deer and possibly wild boar in kazakstan.Like many others I got shafted by Goerge Savich a few years back and can now look to trying this again but need to know if anyone can recommend an outfitter to use and costs?
Any help getting started again would be fantastic
Thanks

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
How did George screw you?

He is one of the bigger booking agents.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George WAS a booking agent until he had a screw go loose! Like many other I paid hunt deposits and lost the funds when he dropped off the radar.It was damn shame because he had the hole of russia in his pocket and he just walked away

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:

D99,

More on Sevich here. The guy is a real piece of $hit!!

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike
Not only did i loose a deposit I shot a smaller bear on kamchatka which didn't worry me as it was nearly black in colour and quite different,BUT that dick savich couldn't get the bloody cities permit sorted out for a year and by the time i got the skin the hide had hair slip!!!!!!!!!!Instead of waiting for some action from him I should have sued his ass on the spot!

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Hi
I`m off to Russia next sept.-oct for siberian ibex. It`s said that this is mainly for ibex, but with a possibilty for maral and siberian roe deer.
The outfitter is a norwegian guy who`s operated in this area and other parts of Russia for almost 20 years. Here`s a link: Østbyes Jaktreiser

Not Kazakstan, but a tip anyway..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Anders
Thanks for that web site. I think I hunted near there on my first trip to russia.I flew to Abakan then travelled on to tuva. I shot a 42inch ibex and a 14inch roebuck but we missed the maral rut by a few weeks and it was really hard to find them and I never had any luck.Hope you have a good hunt let us know how you get on.I aslo like the moose they have on the web site but I think its very expensive and even harder to shoot a big one let alone a small one these days without selling your house to pay for heicopter hours

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:

hi has laid a way to another and has opened many countries. With his help the american hunters have extracted such first class trophies which now only it a dream for many hunters.
For example a bear extracted on Kamchatka
New World Record Kamchatka Brown Bear

Published: May - 2003

You may have heard that a new SCI world record Kamchatka brown bear was taken last year. The bruin squared out at 10 feet, six inches and had a skull measurement of 29 8/16, beating the old record by a half inch. The lucky hunter was Mike Egger of Union, Illinois. He booked the hunt through George Sevich of Eurasian Expeditions.
http://www.huntingreport.com/h..._details.cfm?id=1128

I didn't know it personally and never worked with him, but his merits bycicles. Though he was the adventurer. He even spent hunting in the hunting area of the president of Republic of Katakstan without licenses.
Horns of a maral lie till now in a shed at the huntsman Smiler

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote