THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Anyone conducting tiger "darting" expeditions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone conducting tiger "darting" expeditions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there any country conducting tiger "darting" expeditions for scientific research similar to the jaguar "darting" in South America?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Maybe the San Francisco zoo....it is the only place queer enough to do so..... shame

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of this. I work in Asia a lot, and keep an eye out for wildlife everywhere I go, and there aren't a lot of tigers still out there. I was just in Bangladesh where a local fisherman was killed by a tiger, no mention was made of hunting down the animal. As far as I could find out, there is no hunting there. Maybe India? - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just in Bangladesh where a local fisherman was killed by a tiger, no mention was made of hunting down the animal.

I seem to recall reading that India is a bit more lenient in qualifying a tiger as a "man eater" than Africa is with lions.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dabloobana
posted Hide Post
No Darting available in India like the Jaguar darting in South America.

NGO's arent very welcome esp after one was caught dealing in tiger parts illegally and using the NGO as a smoke screen.

Thats why even Save the tiger doesnt have a presence in India.

Hunting a 'man-eater' practically impossible for members here. (no offence to your skills but due to the beaurocracy, corruption there).

Born to hunt, forced to work.

Posts: 36 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 15 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO tiger darting in India.....

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote