New
Find
Notify
Tools

costs of Asian mountain hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the current general ballpark pricing on argali, ibex and tur hunts? I was at DSC this year but mostly working on other hunt bookings. I'm starting to think more about saving towards an Asian mountain hunt. Most of my pricing and brochure info on this topic is pre-Covid. Most of the websites don't state prices and I knew I could get some general info here. I'm mostly interested in Mongolia but I'm open to other options. What's the general range of pricing? Thanks!

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I just got back from an Altai Ibex hunt in Mongolia. Cost is $12,000.
High Altai Argali sells for $90,000 up to 55" and for $150,000 for 55"+.
Mid Asian Ibex in Kyrgyzstan $6,500
Dagestan Tur $6,600
And so on.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply and congrats on a beautiful ibex! There's a big price difference between mid-Asian and Altai ibex. The tur hunt is attractively priced but a very serious hunt in the cliffs.

Any pricing info on Gobi argali?

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most Gobi Argali are going to be in $55K-$70K range.
If you can book direct there is money to be saved.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
Thanks for your reply and congrats on a beautiful ibex! There's a big price difference between mid-Asian and Altai ibex. The tur hunt is attractively priced but a very serious hunt in the cliffs.

Any pricing info on Gobi argali?

Thank You!
Yes there is. Mid Asian Ibex has always been about half of Altai or Gobi Ibex. Himalayan Ibex and Sind Ibex of Pakistan, and Bezoar Ibex of Turkey are about the same as Mongolian Ibex. Spanish Ibex somewhere in between but more like Mid Asian. Alpine Ibex, now that Switzerland was closed for non resident aliens, is the most expensive of all except a super class trophy in those countries where you pay a medal surcharge fee.
I see Gobi Argali prices mor in the 60-90K range.
Other Argalis like Marco Polo, Tien Shan, and Hume sell in Europe for 27-35K, probably lower as I write this that the $ is trading at parity to the Euro.
Of course if you book your hunt directly with the local outfitter you will be able to get a lower price but this is something I would not do in some of the countries mentioned for several reasons which basically have to do with organization, coordination, paperwork, etc.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote