THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Jim Shockey's hunt with me in Pakistan.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Shockey's hunt with me in Pakistan.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like you two had a great hunt together! Hopefully that is me in a couple of years time. What a hog deer!!

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics. The smiles speak volumes.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Been following it on Facebook...what an adventure. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow i've never seen a muzzle loading ak47 before Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw the picture of Shockey holding one of Corbett's rifles. I hope one of you bought that rifle.
It looks like a great trip that I will hopefully be doing in the next couple years.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also followed it on Facebook. Adventure of a life time! Thanks for the pictures.

Sheep hunting, the most fun you can have while being completely miserable!

Posts: 55 | Location: Sussex county N.J. | Registered: 25 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Pir Sahib. Not only do you have access to the best hunting in Pakistan with proper protection and safety, you really arrange very well outfitted and very well catered hunts.

Congratulations
Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fantastic Danish!! how big was that beautiful hog deer??

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for posting

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danish, do you have permission to post any pics of his sheep or the hunting in the north of the country?

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As usual Pir, great adventures in a unique area. Looks like a good time.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDR:
I saw the picture of Shockey holding one of Corbett's rifles. I hope one of you bought that rifle.
It looks like a great trip that I will hopefully be doing in the next couple years.

You are most welcome to hunt with us in Pakistan anytime my friend.

Actually the Arms dealer where i took Jim to see Corbett's rifle is a dear friend of mine who has a collection of over 250 Fine SxS rifles with history, his name is mentioned in Sotheby's Catalogue and he was not selling this rifle. :-)

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Thanks for appreciating friends. Jim had a great time in Pakistan and his experience changed his perception of my country that is shared by most people in the west.

Pakistan is truly a Paradise for hunters, specially sheep hunters.

a very dear friend of mine from America once said something which is so true, " Governments might have problems with Governments but People DO NOT have problem with people".

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aziz:
Outstanding Pir Sahib. Not only do you have access to the best hunting in Pakistan with proper protection and safety, you really arrange very well outfitted and very well catered hunts.

Congratulations
Regards
Aziz

Thanks Aziz Sb.
The appreciation really is very encouraging.
Best Regards
Pir Danish Ali

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Hunting Nil Gai and Chinkara from a Desert Palace in Sindh.

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
The Hunt for Himalayan Ibex

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Cheetal / Axis Deer Hunt

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Jim holding the double rifle that belonged to the Legendary Jim Corbett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great hunt! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, awesome and more awesome!! Just a fantastic trip! If I had an extra zero in my bank account I would book this trip tomorrow. I hope to get to your country and hunt some day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Danish! Are free range chital/axis available now? It looks like quite the forest you were hunting in.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Cool pix and superb trophies! Well done Danish.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pir,

woaww ...

and the new clothing of Jim is so good ...

that is for sure a good changes for all the guys using Kuiu or Sitka for doing the grocery.

thanks for sharing those moments with us.

Posts: 1744 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He looks like one of the "Blues Brothers" in that second picture. Was there a regulation that required him to dress native on this hunt and not in western clothes? I can't wait to see this hunt on his hunting show. I live vicariously through his exploits.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool simitor shaped butt-stock on those old guns and look at where the trigger guard is.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 376 steyr:
He looks like one of the "Blues Brothers" in that second picture. Was there a regulation that required him to dress native on this hunt and not in western clothes? I can't wait to see this hunt on his hunting show. I live vicariously through his exploits.

Thanks,
Those old Rifles belong to the last ruler of Sindh His Highness Mir Hasan Ali Talpur, he was the ruler before this land was invaded by the British and became a colony.

There was no regulation for Jim to wear the traditional dress and head gear, he just wanted to dress up like the locals and try to experience everything the way we do it :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some really great pics. Thanks for sharing. One of those hunts that I wish that I could afford. Bruce

Posts: 375 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pir_Danish:
The Hunt for Himalayan Ibex

When I come to Pakistan, I will pass on riding on that boat. I am not that brave!

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Danish

Absolutely incredible hunt and trophies - as usual! That hog deer must be in top 10.

I wish I could hunt there with you ... dreams are free!

Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Larry,
We'll get a chopper for you :-)

@Nakihunter,
Thanks for appreciating, The Hog Deer's green score puts him 2nd biggest all time SCI record (Free range & Indigenous category)

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post