THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Mongolia:Galbadrakh “Galaa” Baranz passed away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mongolia:Galbadrakh “Galaa” Baranz passed away
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw this in a booking agent's newsletter.

It is with great sadness that we report that Galbadrakh “Galaa” Baranz passed away while scouting for one of our sheep hunters in the Gobi Desert. Galaa was the most famous argali guide of his generation and will be sorely missed. His wisdom and experience were second to none in the sheep hunting field. In communist times he rose to become the chief guide for the parastatal company Zuulchin, until founding his own outfitting company some 30 years ago. He was our friend and guided many of our clients to great trophies over the years. His name appears again and again in the record books and he won many prestigious awards from the sheep hunting community, including the Wild Sheep Foundation and Grand Slam Club, OVIS. “Home is the hunter, home from the hill.” May he rest in peace. Galaa’s, son Odgiiv “Ogi” will now carry their company on, following in his father’s footsteps.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9377 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Ogi last summer and went by his dad's house after the hunt. After meeting Galaa and hearing stories others told I figured he would live to be 150. I wish he would have written a book.

Posts: 727 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted sheep and ibex with Gaala in 1986.

We were both younger men!!!

Fun guy to be around and a real champion of his hunters.

He loved to cuss at the camp manager, which I found warranted, endearing yet comical.

RIP Gaala.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
Saw this in a booking agent's newsletter.

It is with great sadness that we report that Galbadrakh “Galaa” Baranz passed away while scouting for one of our sheep hunters in the Gobi Desert. Galaa was the most famous argali guide of his generation and will be sorely missed. His wisdom and experience were second to none in the sheep hunting field. In communist times he rose to become the chief guide for the parastatal company Zuulchin, until founding his own outfitting company some 30 years ago. He was our friend and guided many of our clients to great trophies over the years. His name appears again and again in the record books and he won many prestigious awards from the sheep hunting community, including the Wild Sheep Foundation and Grand Slam Club, OVIS. “Home is the hunter, home from the hill.” May he rest in peace. Galaa’s, son Odgiiv “Ogi” will now carry their company on, following in his father’s footsteps.

Rip.

Posts: 1742 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote