Find
Notify
Tools

Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan ibex
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted
Last weekend, a Russian hunter took a 55" ibex on the Kyrgyz/Kazakh border (the camp is on the Kazakh side) near Granitogorsk, KZ and Kainda, KG.
The shot was made from over 500m with a .338 Lapua

I do not have any more information, but it's nice to know there are still some big goats out there.

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will only believe your story if you post pictures!!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 10213 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see some myself, but I have the information from an extremely reliable sorce

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the cover of the current issue of Ovis/GSC magazine is what possibly could become the new world record (SCI) Bezoar Ibex that was killed late in 2007 in Turkey. Hunter was Henry Davidian and he was hunting with Riza Gozluk and Mehmet Alkan of Caprinae Safaris.

http://www.wildsheep.org/ is Ovis/GSC web site, but I don't see anything about this particular ibex on there at this time.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took an Ibex at 596 meters in that area last monday, the 27th Oct., with a 8x68S, HKM Bullet.The Ibex died on the spot. It has over 140 centimeters.
If you are talking about Sergei Gregorowitch, he was my guide and not the hunter.

Leupoldo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will only believe your story if you post pictures!!!!

Dito

Seloushunter Big Grin

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to post the pictures in this thread, can somebody help me please.

Leupoldo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A try if possible to see..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muchas gracias Daniel

Leupoldo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gracias a ti

daniel

Picture of Dakota76
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Leupoldo!

Tell us more about your hunt. We want details please.

Eric

Posts: 1 | Location: Norway | Registered: 04 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the excellent ibex. Nice curl and spread.

This is the second big goat from this camp this season.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by leupoldo:
Gracias

MR.MASKAYEV

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! This is the famous place for big ibex. I took there 50" three yars ago , but hunting there is so expensive.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow, congratulations, that really is a fantastic Ibex, you should be very proud.I was hunting in Naryn at the start of November and we didn't see any 'big' Ibex, settled for an 80cm Mid Asian, which in fairness was still a good hunt, but who wouldn't want to go bigger!!!!! My friend also shot an 85cm Ibex and hunted for 5 days and still didn't see any big boys.

Posts: 1 | Location: UK | Registered: 11 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Hell of a goat

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote