Find
Notify
Tools

Sheep and Ibex hunts cost?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
Got the ok from the War Dept to spend my 40th Birthday hunting sheep or ibex in Asia.

Anyone got a cost breakdown of what the actual dollars or euros are?

Needs to be a late July or first week of August hunt.

School starts sometime between the 10th and 15th in most districts we are looking at teaching in.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Everytime I look at an outfitter or booking agents website they rarely have the cost.

Cabelas has the cost, but I wouldn't give the idiots at Cabelas booking agency used toilet paper let alone hard earned green backs.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
This website has prices.

http://jeffcnealinc.com/index.htm

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
From 4500$ for ibex in Kirgizia to 120000$ on marhur in Pakistan.
www.stalker-group.ru www.profihunt.com

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You get Ibex for >4000$, Tur is >5500$. Sheep will be much more expensive. You get snow sheep for around 13000$.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2079 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Holy sheet!

Jeff charges $27,000 for a Roosevelt elk?

Probably never get to hunt one of those.

I remember when dall sheep hunts in Alaska were $4000 20 years ago.

Makes me want to cry now.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
Everytime I look at an outfitter or booking agents website they rarely have the cost.

If you have to ask.... Wink

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:

Not everyone on this website was born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass.

Hard to be a working class guy and hunt anymore.

I don't see the point of paying $28,000 for an elk when I can shoot a Marco Polo for that. And have 100 times the adventure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly MOA Tactical!!
My views are that if you are going to do an Ibex hunt you might as well throw in a Marco Polo. I know it is pricey but if your there you might as well do it all. If you can't do that because of the price hold off for a year or 2 and do it then. I plan on it myself and can't see myself paying for flights and all the extras just to go and shoot one Ibex.
If you want a cheaper hunt I would do the Tur if i were you. I got to do that one as well. I just need a couple more jobs to pay for it all.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I want a blue sheep in the worst way, I couldn't go when they were $5000 because my Commander wouldn't allow me to visit a Communist Country.

Now China is closed, and Nepal is $8,500. So when I go to Nepal I want 2 permits for blue sheep and 2 for tahr and 2 for muntjac or it's really not worth going.

Why pay for the air fare twice.

Mongolia and the USFWS really piss me off, everyone on the planet can get two import permits but Americans. Why pay $7500 for an ibex hunt when you can pay $13,500 and shoot 2 ibex, and a maral and a roe deer and maybe a wildboar in Kazkstan.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure that a Blue sheep costs as little as $8500. Last I checked with the Helecopter and all the other costs you might come close to doubling that price. Hope I am wrong in that thinking but if i remember right it is all of the extras that add up big time. I would be open to any info on it.

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
7 days for blue sheep normally is 13-13500$. This is a good deal.But need to spend 15000$for helicopter(share on group of hunters) as well.For my opinion blue sheep is not good start .

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pakistan is now $23,000 for blue sheep (that is what my husband paid for a Feb. 2013 hunt at the SCI Convention).The brochure from the previous year had blue sheep for $27,500, so they went down $4,500.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9403 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have limited knowledge of Blue sheep and the areas to hunt but from what I have learned is that Nepal is going to be the least expensive. Still not cheap though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G D F:
7 days for blue sheep normally is 13-13500$. This is a good deal.But need to spend 15000$for helicopter(share on group of hunters) as well.For my opinion blue sheep is not good start .

I'm curious: what species would be a good start?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2079 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a brochure from the Convention,just as a ballpark figure

Blue sheep 1 hunter $13,500
2 hunters $11,000 each

License fee ca. $2,000

Sheep/Tahr combo

1 hunter $19,000
2 hunters $18,000 each

Permit and licenses ca. $3,000

Option to trek in rather than helicopter.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9403 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
For start I think ibex in Europe ,Turkey ,Mongolia or Midle Asia will be reasonable choise.

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Marco Polo/Ibex in Kyrgyzstan is a great way to get your feet wet in overseas sheep hunting. I'd say plan on spending around $30,000 including air fare, hotels, extra baggage, tips etc.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see the point of paying $28,000 for an elk when I can shoot a Marco Polo for that. And have 100 times the adventure.

for 28K you can shot two... Wink.
Yes, we can Smiler

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
Surely, you jest.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote