THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Gilgit Baltistan’s Naznain Aman becomes first female trophy hunter in Pakistan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gilgit Baltistan’s Naznain Aman becomes first female trophy hunter in Pakistan
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://en.dailypakistan.com.p...y-hunter-in-pakistan

LINK HAS PHOTOS.

Web Desk 01:05 PM | 12 Apr, 2023

Source: @Paktourntravel/Twitter

GILGIT - In a new chapter of hunting trophy in Pakistan, a female doctor hunted an ibex and now raking praised for being the country’s first woman hunter.

She sets a record for hunting a Himalayan ibex with 42-inch horns in Batura Valley on April 10, 2023. The wild goat found in the country’s mountainous region was hunted at Qirgiz Wask at an elevation of 3500 meters above sea level about 17 km deep in the Batura Valley.

The wildlife department official Shabber Roomi confirmed that Dr. Aman, who is serving as a lady dental officer at Gulmit Civil Hospital, Gojal, becomes the first female hunter in the history of trophy hunting.

Her feat also triggered reactions on social media where people started sharing her pictures with the hunted ibex.

Ibex and other wild goats are protected by local and international laws such as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species.

Up to 80 per cent of the money generated from issuing markhor hunting permits is shared with the local community, which works to prevent illegal hunting of the animal.

The Gilgit-Baltistan Wildlife Department in Oct 2018 auctioned hunting permits for 18 rare species under the trophy hunting programme 2018 and 2019. The licences for trophy hunting included four Astore markhor, 14 blue sheep and 95 ibex.

Annually limited hunting trophy licenses are being issued for these animals hunting and 80percent of total cost are being distributing among local community and 20percent being depositing in public exchequer.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9362 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a picture of the ibex. It was a great ibex in absolutely magnificent country.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am really wanting to hunt Pakistan. Seems like there is some amazing hunting opportunities there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am really wanting to hunt Pakistan. Seems like there is some amazing hunting opportunities there.

Husband hunted the KVO in Northern Pakistan near Sost for Himalayan Blue Sheep. Said it was one of the best hunts of his life.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9362 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

I hope more women follow in her footsteps!

A REAL woman too.

I LOVE it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingTheDream1:

The urial and ibex hunting I have done in Pakistan was fantastic. I know quite a few people who have hunted the north for various markhor, Himalayan ibex and blue sheep. All loved it. However, some of it can be tough physically.

Personally, I think it is worth the trip just to see those mountains.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post