Find
Notify
Tools

What species are importable?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
What species of sheep and goats are importable to the USA?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you mean? Today, tomorrow, or the week after next?

If I have to do the work for you, I need better instructions.

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Yes today,

I looked at the USFWS links and it reads like Mongolia stereo instructions.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened to the HUGE collage
of kill photos you had in your signature
line, that was really neat.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I deleted it, as the system isn't set up to handle it.

Basically you have to look at them every time. I didn't think that was fair. And it kind of detracts from other's posting of photos.

Eland Hunter has a similar thing and he gave me the gouge on how to do it.

I would imagine it kills bandwidth as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MOA, why dont you tell us which species or country you wish to hunt and we can give you some more information.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2543 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I found a vague and confusing list on USFWS.

I'll live with that, thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which are you hunting and where?

Posts: 210 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Just trying to seperate things I'll never do because I can't import them from things I want to do after I retire and have the next career figured out.

Has anyone been to Iran lately? Were you able to get your animals in?

What about Pakistan?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done a few sheep,ibex and tur.All were brought back with.You should consider a mid asian ibex in Kyrgzistan for your lowest priced trophy.Mongolia used to be the best deal but it seams that the ibex is more expensive now.
I have both from Mongolia Gobi and Alti and the Mid Asian from Kyrgz is the best if you only get one.Of course CHC has been everywhere and
can advise different.

Posts: 210 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iran either just opened or is close to opening for US hunters, probablyj the best total sheep hunting destination. No argali from china at this point. Urial I think is only available in Pakistan right now. Moongolia, kyr, tajik, Russia, Croatia, any of the European mouflon are all importable. Armenia and turkey as well are ok.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afghan urial in Tajikistan.The Urials from Pakistan,along with blue sheep, ibex, markhor.

August 2012 issue Peterson's Hunting page 61, Mr. Boddington writes " In the convention season just past, one of the great laments was Iran's decision to cease issuing visas to U.S. citizens". The last line of the article is "Anybody want my round-trip ticket to Tehran".

MOA Tactical,

My husband had his blue sheep hunt dates in Northern Pakistan moved to November to avoid a conflict with two gentlemen hunting Markhors (huge $$$$).
Will let you know how it went.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9391 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntingreport.com/h..._details.cfm?id=2748

Unexpected Hunting Delays, Permit Cuts and Closures in Iran

Published: November - 2011

The latest hunting developments in Iran have nothing to do with international headlines, which most recently featured news of a foiled plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in the United States. A few nervous hunters contacted The Hunting Report to find out what the development meant for hunters on their way to that country. Turns out there was little to no detectable effect on foreign hunters, including Americans. What DID cause problems for foreign hunters was a changing of the guard in the Iranian Department of Environment. Those problems included delayed hunts for the first group of hunters arriving in early October, followed by a sudden change in licensing procedures and cuts in the number of licenses to be issued this season. Some hunts have already been postponed, others cancelled. The Hunting Report distributed an Email Extra bulletin on October 12 alerting subscribers about the problem and advising them to confirm with their agents or operators that they could indeed get licenses before they got on a plane for Iran. All of this started when the long-time deputy director of the Department of Environment (DOE) retired just as the first foreign hunters of the new season were arriving in Iran in early October. Hunting outfitters going to the DOE to collect hunting permits for their clients were surprised when the new deputy director announced he needed time to study and decide what to do about issuing hunting licenses for this season. Outfitters banded together to lobby the new deputy director over several days and were finally able to get licenses issued, at least for hunters who were already in Tehran and sightseeing until they received their hunting licenses. Unfortunately, the deputy director ultimately decided to completely change the system of issuing permits. Instead of issuing permits at the national level, each of 30 individual provincial directors have now been charged with issuing hunting permits for their provinces. According to sources in Iran, these directors are completely unprepared. They have never issued hunting licenses before and don't even have the correct paperwork to issue licenses to foreign hunters. This caused further delays, and at least two........(continued) Subscribe to The Hunting Report
The Publication for International Hunters

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9391 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
What's the deal with Uzbekistan? I've seen a few hunting reports in Ovis from 2011 hunts.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote