Find
Notify
Tools

What do you make of this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
Just got this in an email. This kind of hunt is as yet f-a-r out of my price range, but just curious about any thoughts anyone might have. Based only on the ad, for me, the wording alone raises red flags, but that's just me.

World record Mid Asian ibex in Kyrgyzstan

We are offering an opportunity to hunt what we believe could be the next world record Mid Asian ibex in Kyrgyzstan.

We added a new territory this year to our operation, where several huge rams in 60 inches (152.5 cm) plus range were spotted during the past winter and spring

The hunt is identical to our usual ibex hunt. The roundtrip duration from Bishkek is 8 days (sunday-sunday). The All-inclusive base price of this hunt with a trophy up to 55 inches (140 cm) is $6000. There is a surcharge of $1000 for each additional inch (2.5 cm) of trophy size above 55 inches

The best time is October-November

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The guy is full of shit, no one can garantee a world record, unless they have one tied to a post someplace.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari,

I got the exact same e-mail and called the guy in chicago who is booking the hunts. They don't guarantee anything except that the big Ibex are in this new area. He says the average Ibex taken is between 48 and 52 inches but it is a high altitude hunt at 14,000 ft. The way I understand it is you ride horses back into this remote area and then climb up to the Ibex. Considering the price of other Ibex hunts now it is a good price if they are on the up and up.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
sounds exactly like the hunt Thomas Powell in Denver is posting here on AR.maybe the outfitter has 2 US booking agents. there is a huge difference between a 48-52 inch average and a world record over 60 inches. hell, damn near any outfitter anywhere in the world can make a claim like that for any animal you want to hunt.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13171 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote