Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

doves in argentina
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking to book a dove hunting trip to argentina for 2006 and I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience there bird hunting. I've heard the stories and seen the pictures of the 1000 shots a day hunting but i'm wondering if anyone has shown up and it was 4 days of 50 shots a day hunting. Birds are a little more tricky to keep tabs on than a big game animal. i'm also wondering if anyone could recommend some outfitters and time frames to get the better action down there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done 4 trips to Argentina and Uruguay in the last couple of years. I have never shot less than 1000 shots per day at doves. It is as near to a sure thing as any hunting experience that I have ever had.

There are several oufitters from Argentina who have posted on this forum.

I have personally hunted doves in Argentina with John Airala http://www.sportingdestinations.com

Juan Pozzi of http://www.huntingargentina.com.ar has had many good things said about his hunts.

Naintel of http://www.nitrosafaris.com/Index.htm offers hunts in Uruguay and posts frequently on this website.

Look through some of the other postings in this forum and you will find others mentioned.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
loadin2,

I've hunted with Ron L in Argentina and from my experience it's easy to shoot a thousand shells. It's amazing, the birds never stop flying. I've hunted Sand Grouse in South Africa and the shooting will be hot for an hour or so then they stop. In AR, it's an all day deal.

I'm with Ron and recommend John at Sporting Destinations for high volume shooting. He recently posted on here talking of a new concession, shooting all the doves and pidgeons you want. We focused on doves and only picked up a few pidgeons, they looked like B52's after the doves. Check out his web site.

If you go, post back and tell us how your hunt went. I'm trying to plan another one in the next year or 2. Damn money keeps getting in the way.

Good Luck,

Tom T

Posts: 17 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man $9.00 a box for shells!

If you shot a thousand shells a day that comes to about $360.00 per day. I think I am going to move to Argentina and finance my shooting by reloading and selling shotgun shells. I wonder if you could ship yourself a few flats of shells to a po box in Argentina before you went.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with John Airala also & it was way better than I expected !!!! John is good guy & is as honest as the day is long when I go back it will be with him. I have shot birds in Africa Australia Mexico Centeral America & nothing can compair to the shooting in Argentina. A big + were the great people we met.
Go & don't look back !!!!!!!!!!!!
Just Jim

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cropduster,

Good to hear from you! We thought you dropped off the face of the earth. When's your next trip back to AR? John at Sporting D sent me an e-mail with big piles of birds.
Hope to meet back there with you some day.

Tom T

Posts: 17 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom
e/mail sent !

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I KNOW ALL THE OTHER OUTFITTERS MENTIONATED BY MY GOOD FRIEND DR RON L. AND ALL INCLUDED JHON AIRALA ARE SERIOUS PHS ,ITS A PITTY THE ,WILPORK EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS HERE IN ARGENTINA WE TRY THE TO DO THE BEST FOR ALL THE HUNTERS AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS FRIENDSHIP.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Juan,
Very well said.

I'm a good friend of Dr Ron and hope to meet you and experience your hunting someday.

Tom T

one of us
posted Hide Post
Loadin2: Feel free to get in touch with me if you want some more info. In most areas there are jillions of birds. We Argentines don´t hunt doves or pigeons usually, favouring ducks or partridges. Thus the flocks are unbelievable.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Juan Pozzi gets my vote.

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote