Find
Notify
Tools

Duck season so far
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted
Just curios how the duck hunting has been in everyone's neck of the woods?

we have been hammering the ducks about 30 miles west of Houston, huge flights of pintails and gadwalls with good numbers of mallards spoonies and teal, limits on almost every trip.

so far it has been a really fantastic season for me anyways, I don't think the ducks have really enjoyed it too much.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Getting better as the storms have finally arrived bringing the wind and rain to force the ducks off the bay and the geese to fly lower.Big Grin

Lot's of green-winged teal and wigeon and more pintails showing up every day.

If the wind starts blowing over 20 mph I drop everything and run to my spots to get divebombed by teal fleeing the horrors of windchop Big Grin

Got the smoker going now making more jerky out of the breasts of Western Canada geese, damn good stuff.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last several trips have been great, mostly Widgon.

Brett

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
What are the limits guys?

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are the limits guys?

7 ducks and 4 geese per day here in CA, with limits on some species, such as Northern pintail where we're only allowed 1.

Plenty enough for me for a day, I don't need to clean more than that.

The storms this week have pushed a lot of mallards to the coast where I'm at and when the wind howls there've been thousands of birds in the sky of all species.

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
quote:
we have been hammering the ducks about 30 miles west of Houston, huge flights of pintails and gadwalls with good numbers of mallards spoonies and teal, limits on almost every trip.

You're lucky. There are so few ducks up here in East Texas that I gave up on hunting them five or six years ago. Been a deer hunter ever since. But damn I do miss duck hunting back when the hunting was good!

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote