THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Coming from the UK....Quail near Palm Beach FL, or other suggestions please?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coming from the UK....Quail near Palm Beach FL, or other suggestions please?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am visiting from the UK for a corporate get-together....ie blah-blah-blah (17th November).
The flights home don't leave from Miami until later in the evening, and the event will wrap up in the morning.

So what is a chap to do?? I will have a car...the only must-do is be at the airport by about 7pm.
This time last year I took a long route and went via the Everglades and did some touristy things like air-boat. No real desire to repeat, time for something different.

I'd welcome your suggestions of things to do, places to go.

If the surf is up...then that will be just fine, but I suspect it won't be, because the surf God's are fickle indeed.

A thought occured to me...what about doing a bit of Quaile hunting on a preserve?
This kind of deal just does not exist in the UK.
Now I know that preserves are rather "managed" but I am an open minded kind of chap.
I think I will give it a try.

Any comments on these two? Maybe somebody has a strong preference for somewhere else in the vicinity of Palm Beach / Miami area ?

http://www.treasurecoasthunt.com

http://www.quailcreekplantation.com

I'd REALLY appreciate any feedback etc!

Count experiences, not possessions.

Posts: 132 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try contacting these guys:

http://www.dewings.com/

They should have some good info. Also, there shop is worth the stop just to look.

Good luck,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Your heart may be set on chasing birds, but if not, you might want to consider looking into a fishing trip. Many excellent fisheries in that area for both in and offshore species.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UK Hunter...

Quail Creek is a very good place...Highly reccomend it. Havent hunted there but have shot sporting clays.

Another alternative is DannySantangelo.com. Danny is an outfitter and can probably set you up for a bird hunt on the nearby Brady Ranch (bradyranch.com). Danny is a good guy. He is in Okeechobee...about an hours drive west of Palm Beach.

Regards

Posts: 44 | Location: Key Biscayne, Fl | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote