New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: AR dove shoot tournament
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can you give us some idea of the average temps for October and November?

Also some idea on the best and least expensive ways to fly there....I'd be coming in from Southern Califonia.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
sept= mid 70's
oct= low 80's At least it looks like it will be that way because we are having some high temps and had a mild winter.
Aerolineas Argentinas or Lan Chile is the best and least expensive way to get here.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
The flight through Santiago goes on direct to Cordoba. You don't even go through customs in Santiago because you are "in transit".

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's a tough choice. How do we get from Santiago to your location?

I like BA but it is a huge city and I had some of the best barnacle soup know to man in the Mercado Central in Santiago one time. Ranks right in there with those fried whole minnows in Montevideo.

What about the problems of transiting guns via Santiago?

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Looks like the consensus is January so I'll set the date at somtime in the 2nd week of January 2005.
I'll need Full names and passport numbers for the paperwork. Send them in a PM or e-mail. Don't post it on a public forum.

one of us
posted Hide Post
John Air,

Very generous offer, we really should compensate you for food and lodging, at least.

Count me in. I'd prefer a later date but could probably arrange for a few days in Oct-Jan.

Best regards;
Brett

one of us
posted Hide Post
John

October 15th is not enough notice to easily adjust vacation schedules and obtain cheap airfare.

I went last year to Uruguay in February for dove/pigeon and the weather was wonderful with highs in the 80's. We would shoot for 3 hours in the cool of the morning, have a nice Asado (barbecue) and drink some beer/fine Argentinian wine, sleep for 2 hours lying in the shade with our shoes off, and go hunting again at 3 PM!

Here is a picture of my son after 1 hour of shooting this July in Argentina.

Here is a picture of one days harvest while dove hunting.

I am wondering if there would more interest by members if this was scheduled after the Christmas and New Years? That would allow vacations to be scheduled and the option of saving some money on airfare. It would be a good getaway after the holidays and give those of us who live in areas that have snow a welcomed taste of summer.

Are there any others here that might be interested for January or February?

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
October is actually a little quick for me also but what are the temps like in Jan/Feb.....I get enough dove hunting in hot weather here in California and Arizona.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are the averages for weather in Cordoba.

January - 86 for a high, 63 for a low.

February - 84 for a high, 62 for a low.

October - 77 for a high, 53 for a low.

The dove action slow down in the middle of the day and you stop for lunch/refreshments. A siesta is also quite nice!

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Looks like we have 3 or 4 interested. Lets say Oct 15 as cat suggested. Anyone who wants to sign up just send me an E-mail. If we get 7 shooters I will call it good to go.

one of us
posted Hide Post
John:

I could ask this in an email, but since I'm sure I'm not the only one that needs to know.....do we fly into BA or where? Do we connect to another flight from BA or use ground transport? How many days are we planning on hunting?

I shoot a 12, but for others information, what about the availibility of smaller ga ammo such as 28?

I apologize if all this is clear on your web site. Thanks CAT

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
im a guide but i also shoot so count me .juan i think ill be the winner i shoot everyday

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote