Find
Notify
Tools

Me an the cat ride again!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Here is what me and the cat scrounged up today. Changed guns for todays hunt, broke out the 10 gauge. Also, this was the first Hooded merganser drake I ever killed.

Cat after a hard day of duck hunting and checking deer feeders.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
That is quite the hunting partner you got there!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, you're crazy - (and that's a good thing)!

I love cats as long as the have a home!

PS: Put a dang'd trigger guard on that thing before you get hurt!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS: Put a dang'd trigger guard on that thing before you get hurt!!!

That is why that thing does not have a trigger guard. It was eating up my middle finger of my right hand.

The cat is a rescue, all of our pets are rescues and we love all of them. Martok is just a little mor special because he likes riding in a vehicle.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pez
posted Hide Post
great pics and looks like you've got one of the best hunting buddies you can get. do you ever feed him any of the game ya'll take? i bet he would love some roast bird. also 10 gauge shotguns are really interesting to me and i might even get one myself one day.

Posts: 229 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 09 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice cat! The trigger guard is interesting to me, every time I have used a borrowed side/side I have had my finger bleeding too! Doesnt happen when I use an over/under. O/U's are indeed the best! stir

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried shooting an OU one time, If God Had Meant For Shotguns To Be Built That Way Our Eyes Would Be Stacked One On Top Of The Other.

Every time I tried to sight down the dang thing I kept trying to lay it over on its side shocker shocker shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
I have tried shooting an OU one time, If God Had Meant For Shotguns To Be Built That Way Our Eyes Would Be Stacked One On Top Of The Other.

Every time I tried to sight down the dang thing I kept trying to lay it over on its side shocker shocker shocker

You probably have a different dominate eye that you should be using, shooting off the other shoulder.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I have had the same dominant right eye I was born with 61 years ago.

I take it you are not reall adept at recognising sarcasm.

Sighting an OU is no different than sighting any single barreled gun, regardless of the action type pump/semi-auto/break open singler shot.

The point that escaped you was that I don't like stack barrel shotguns. If it has two barrels it shlould be a side x side. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes