THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Battery For The North American Upland Bird Safari

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battery For The North American Upland Bird Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted
I'm thinking that I'll just shoot everything with my 15 year old Beretta Onyx 12 ga. with 28" barrels.

Wow that was easy. Big Grin

But I think the 12 and 20 ga. Beretta semi-autos get to come too.

One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I used to do everything with my 12 ga Citori, but the older i get the heavier it gets so now I use my upland special 20 ga citori for most hunting. However the size of your truck/suv should be the limiter on a great bird safari cheers

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my annual pilgrimage to South Dakota for pheasants, prairie chickens, and sharp tails, I always carry at least two shotguns just in case one should fail to function. Preferred gun is my Baikal O/U, 12 gauge, the backup is my trusty old 870 in 12 gauge. It is just a habit I got into when heading off to far places on hunting trips. Better to have a back up gun that you are familiar with than to have to either borrow, or buy, one you have no history with.

My next one will be a 20 gauge since I'm not getting younger, and after a day walking the fields, the guns seem to be getting heavier.

Just my take on it!

John

Posts: 64 | Location: Shreveport, LA | Registered: 06 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
I shoot all the gauges from twelve to four-ten except for the sixteen. There's something to be said for keeping it simple and using one gun. Anything the smaller gauges can do a twelve can do at least as well or better. Gauge and gun weight aren't necessarily relative even though people often imply that they are. I hunted a couple of days last season with a guy that shot a 5 3/4 pound twelve gauge Arietta.

------------------------------------
I admit there are advantages in game of every type;
But I've never heard of beast or bird to excel the twisting snipe.
Nicholas Kane, Louisiana, 1880

Got Snipe?

Posts: 83 | Location: Out in some godforsaken marsh | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shoot all the gauges from twelve to four-ten except for the sixteen.

Me too, but on an extended, multi state, multi species trip I think it'll be better to keep it simple and use my diversity of 12 ga. handloads.

One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
You'd probably be better off to keep it simple even when not traveling and that is why I said what I did in the next two sentences. Of course that would take a bit of fun out of it and that is why very few of us do it.

SH

------------------------------------
I admit there are advantages in game of every type;
But I've never heard of beast or bird to excel the twisting snipe.
Nicholas Kane, Louisiana, 1880

Got Snipe?

Posts: 83 | Location: Out in some godforsaken marsh | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote