New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pheasant opener
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pheasant season opens Saturday in Kansas. I'll be near Ulysess Friday morning to get a little PD shooting in before we hit the birds for 4 or 5 days.

Got an old Shorthair and a new Lab. Smiler

My dad told me once that if you're gonna kill a rattler with a chainsaw, use the top of the bar.

Posts: 165 | Location: Seymour, Mo | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doctor D, how was the number of birds? My father and I hunted lots of private land and we had to work for a limit not like usual.

Posts: 135 | Location: sw kansas | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willimon1:
Doctor D, how was the number of birds? My father and I hunted lots of private land and we had to work for a limit not like usual.

Terrible. Crops were still standing. Eight of us got nine birds in two days. Last year eight of us got our limit the first three days in a row.

We're going back the first week in December.

Also, a whole section of PDs disappeared since July. On another section where they had been shot at alot we had very few shots under 400 yards. I shot 41% and my cousin shot 31% at ranges from 450 to nearly 600 yards.

My dad told me once that if you're gonna kill a rattler with a chainsaw, use the top of the bar.

Posts: 165 | Location: Seymour, Mo | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SHould have gone to SD. We shot limits every day before 3 with a noon opener.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote