THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Where are all the chukars? (idaho ?)TR with pics

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are all the chukars? (idaho ?)TR with pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Took our annual trip down Hell's canyon last weekend, openning week of chukar season and only saw a handful, no shots taken.
As always it was a great trip anyway here's a couple of pics

My son Jacob taking a hit on Wild sheep rapid

me following the same line

some of the locals watching

some of the scenery, it's big country

me poising with wife and springer

Posts: 193 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm, surprised that you didn't get into the chuckers its usually pretty good..I hunt elk in there from time to time and see a lot of birds, but I havn't been there for about 4 years now..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the third year in a row that we have had poor chukar brood survival. It is believed to be a problem of cold/wet springs. Most good chukar hunters are not even hunting this year.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote