THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: Have Ringnecked Doves come into Your Area?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Have Ringnecked Doves come into Your Area?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think that the proper common name is "Eurasian Collared Dove". Haven't come across one, but then with the unusual early northers coming through Texas, I haven't come across many Mourning Doves, either. The proliferation of whitewings in the urbanized parts of Texas is driving me crazy. They very rarely venture outside of their urban sanctuaries where they can be shot, and at the same time I can't find any birds on my country place, the power line outside my house in town is sagging with them.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I posted this on another site and got little responce. During the last few years, ringnecks have come into this area of LA. and numbers are fairly high now. In the field that I hunted last Sat., many were killed along with the mourning doves. Also, we now have a good population of the Mexican Inca dove in the city. The ringnecks are large, grey almost white and the Incas are very small with an orange tint. I have hunted and observed doves for over 40 in this area and until a few years ago, never saw or killed anything but mourning doves. Three years ago, I did see a single white wing dove killed in a field 40 miles north of here. I talked to a Wildlife biologist regarding this, and he stated that they had noticed the new doves, but did know how that got here. What do you guys think? Have you seen ringnecks in your neck of the woods?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in NE Texas and they are starting to filter in. I saw one on my ranch earlier this year and hear they are fairly common in a little town not too far South of me. Haven't actually shot one in the states tho.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote